Review Good/Bad vs Brisbane, R4 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Full player review

Brad Crouch - Not amazing but better than last week, especially in the 3rd. Looks better without Matt there.

Smith - Also felt he improved on last week but wasn't anything special. Lots of meters gained but felt his overall impact on the game was very low

Keays - Showing that you shouldn't drop a new player after a couple of bad games. Needs to work on disposal but absolutely towelled up Neale in the first and had a few nice moments

O'Brien - Struggling in the ruck, but I know his best is better than this. Easy to forget he's played less than 25 games

Brown - Did a reasonable job on Cameron all things considered

Poholke - Worth persisting with. Didn't have a huge impact but worked his way into the game until the last where he was gassed. Needs the next 5 matches in a row

Kelly - Rubbish. Poor defensively and you can see why he always goes backwards or sideways with dinky handballs, his forward passes are atrocious

Lynch - Just about worst on ground in the first half, couldn't kick to save himself, but lifted in the second.

Laird - Worst on ground by a mile. When made accountable he is complete sh*t, gets destroyed in one on ones and his disposal is crap

Walker - Had one good quarter and might have a bit more in the tank. Was awful in the first half with his classic sh*t one handed marks

Murphy - Not AFL standard. Simple as that

Sloane - Played the Greenwood role, a very limited inside midfielder and finished with 7 clearances from 13 touches. Not our worst but hopefully he can get more involved in outside play

Frampton - Worked his way into the game, and is well above the level of Himmelberg. Needs to clunk marks when we bail out from the defensive 50

Crocker - Worth persisting with, bit of a lively type inside 50 but my gut feel is his ceiling is quite low

McHenry - Playing like a 3 gamer but was a lot more involved than last week. One awful error but he'll learn. Has a lot of tenacity and think he'll be a solid inside mid

Jones - We are stupid not to play this guy in the midfield for the whole game. Has pace and class, offers attack on the ball and will get better with experience

Doedee - Serviceable game from him, nothing amazing but simply never ever gives up on a contest

Talia - Average game

McAdam - Showed enough that he should absolutely be playing at AFL level, a real 'almost' game from a first gamer. Wasn't helped by our lack of inside 50s

Himmelberg - Not AFL standard and won't make it

McAsey - Not having a huge impact but I feel he's improving each week. Better positioning, trying to impact contests more. Marking and intercepting will come with more time.

Hamill - Shame he got concussed, hope he gets up

I'd also say Doedee is leadership personified for the chase on Cameron near the end.

Good: Late change, wet day, Gibbs kept out of scratchy just in case.

Himmelberg selected instead.

Terrible decision if actually trying to win, but excellent choice.

I disagree it was a terrible decision. Gibbs is absolute puss.

Didn't Stengle get suspended for 4 games? We've played Syd, Port, GCS and Bris.
Surely he's available next week.
He played Port

Edit - Sydney of course.

Like most of the rest of Adelaide, I took advantage of the great day and went up into the Hills (Stirling markets, packed).
Noyce!
Didn't watch or listen to a second of the game, saving myself a lot of aggravation and disappointment.

33 scoring shots to 11 tells me all I need to know about that game.
23.10 and it would've been a 100+ point mauling.

Arguably though, Brisbane are a much better side than Gold Coast.

Also, being monstered for 75% of the game is a pretty big improvement on being monstered for 100% of the game.

Though, it's probably more to look at that at least we've stopped falling.
33 shots to 11.

We slaughtered in general play. Slaughtered.

Like most of the rest of Adelaide, I took advantage of the great day and went up into the Hills (Stirling markets, packed).
Noyce!
Didn't watch or listen to a second of the game, saving myself a lot of aggravation and disappointment.

33 scoring shots to 11 tells me all I need to know about that game.
23.10 and it would've been a 100+ point mauling.
My missus said it was packed, and I didnt receive any cakes from it.... Displeased.

And nah, it doesn't tell you everything really. We were more competitive than a 100 point loss to be honest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d like to say there was improvement but realistically they annihilated us everywhere but the scoreboard. 10.23.

61 I50 to 28. FMD - could have been seriously ugly
I'd like to know how many missed kicks were around the 60m mark which led directly to those i50s to Brisbane

GOOD: Missed the first half.

3rd quarter.

Young guys and changes through the midfield.

BAD: Sloaney. Had to ask myself if he'd been dropped, barely sighted.

McAsey didn't seem to do a great deal but again l missed half the game.

UGLY: Ability to hit a target in the 4th and l presume the first half is non existent.

Keays has the right attitude but half his disposals were turnovers.

Every single Murphy disposal resulted in a turnover.

Crying in my beer watching Charlie.
Sloaney was brilliant in the 3rd quarter and really helped us get on top in the middle

Good: Late change, wet day, Gibbs kept out of scratchy just in case.

Himmelberg selected instead.

Terrible decision if actually trying to win, but excellent choice.
Gibbs moronic tweet should see him delisted at seasons end.

If I was Nicks, I'd be saying pack your bags and * off.

They were:

+ 33 I50
+9 clearances
+ 40 contested possession
+20 uncontested possession
+14 marks I50
+17 contested marks
+19 in I50 tackles

+33 I50 is a massive discrepancy.
GCS were + 28
Port were +27

Its imperative now that we aggressively make sure we try and get the best SA kid in every draft for the next 4 to 5 years.

Also, Tex kicked 2. Was he more involved, or were they cheapies?
His 3rd qtr was the best he's played in 2 or 3 years. He was in everything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back