AFL Grand Final Grand Final Tickets - Got yours? Want some?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ticketing talk.

TL;DR - We have this thread to help fans talk about their seats, the venue, and get to the game. Not to help scalpers rip people off. We don't take any responsibility for any trades of any sort.

The rules:

- Posters scalping GF tickets on BigFooty will have their accounts perma-banned.
- Should you wish to sell your ticket, it must be advertised at face value + margin permitted by legislation (see legislation/ACT for further details).
- BigFooty does not warrant the sale of any finals tickets between posters and any transactions conducted between members will be done so at the buyers/sellers risk.
- Any course of legal action in recovering money for counterfeit tickets or tickets not received will be the onus of the buyer/seller.
- Barcode sharing per club email is permitted, however any action conducted by posters sharing barcode information is at the risk of the member and not warranted by BigFooty.

Ticketing sales times: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-afl-finals-series-afl-grand-final.1285551/post-72130029

A sh*t show. If it was randomised, then why tell people then to queue in person, as you had a better chance instead of the lottery.
Didn’t trust Ticketmaster, so checked at 9. Refreshed every 10 min and Lo behold join queue at precisely 9.30. Thought okay I have a good chance.
Find out that a few joined at 9.55am and were ahead of the queue anyway. So it’s not a first come first served basis?
Complete lack of communication from Ticketmaster, but knew better anyway. They’ve done this before.

150k + vying for 10,500 tickets isn’t going to work anyway. Congratulations on those that managed to get lucky and get tickets

I think the idea of a randomizer is ok in principle?

Otherwise you just end up with scenarios like years gone by with people camping out for days just to be first in queue.

The problem is once everyone knows its randomized, it becomes a case of how many computers you can have working on it. I doubt the 130k in queue were 130k separate people.

The annoying thing is the person who joined 5mins after me was 2600th in queue, and had done so without even logging in or having an account...

Surely they should have enforced everyone to login before you can join the pre-queue? Whats to stop someone having 8 screens all doing the same thing....

EDIT: Did they actually tell people to queue in person? I would think only old timers would do it who don't believe in technology. The physical line was still dealing with 3 tellers who were using the online system to book like everyone else.

Odds are those 3 tellers dealt with the first 3x people in queue. All 3 probably missed out... and everyone goes home annoyed.

Surely they should have enforced everyone to login before you can join the pre-queue? Whats to stop someone having 8 screens all doing the same thing....
US version of it but I think I read somewhere a couple of days ago from a woman giving tips for the queue was to have like every device available in your household trying..

US version of it but I think I read somewhere a couple of days ago from a woman giving tips for the queue was to have like every device available in your household trying..

Yeah that would've been the go.
Most people would have 5-6 smart devices in their home they could have on all improving your odds of a better spot. That was definitely the best way in hindsight.

Yeah that would've been the go.
Most people would have 5-6 smart devices in their home they could have on all improving your odds of a better spot. That was definitely the best way in hindsight.

Still shouldn't have been labelled a 'queue' which implies you are reserved a spot depending on your arrival time

s**t show would have been a more appropriate title

EDIT: Did they actually tell people to queue in person? I would think only old timers would do it who don't believe in technology. The physical line was still dealing with 3 tellers who were using the online system to book like everyone else.

Odds are those 3 tellers dealt with the first 3x people in queue. All 3 probably missed out... and everyone goes home annoyed.
Reported the first 8 people in line got tickets (8x4 is a maximum of 32 tickets sold). That's 1 teller selling 2 lots, 2 tellers 3.

My understanding is in person you wouldn't be stuck in the same "queue" as those online

Reported the first 8 people in line got tickets (8x4 is a maximum of 32 tickets sold). That's 1 teller selling 2 lots, 2 tellers 3.

My understanding is in person you wouldn't be stuck in the same "queue" as those online

Weird, why even bother offering that service?
I guess those 8 people will be stoked. The rest in queue were probably in online queues too hedging their bets.

It feels like too many tickets were offered to corporates and members. - or atleast to eastern states members who can't even attend. Which is frustrating as many would have just gone to the WA general public who happen to know eastern states members (or pay eastern states members for their spot).

Odds were always slim I guess. I figured I'd have very little chance at getting a spot, but never thought I'd be 92k in line having queued up exactly when it was reported it would open...

Weird, why even bother offering that service?
I guess those 8 people will be stoked. The rest in queue were probably in online queues too hedging their bets.

It feels like too many tickets were offered to corporates and members. - or atleast to eastern states members who can't even attend. Which is frustrating as many would have just gone to the WA general public who happen to know eastern states members (or pay eastern states members for their spot).

Odds were always slim I guess. I figured I'd have very little chance at getting a spot, but never thought I'd be 92k in line having queued up exactly when it was reported it would open...
Too many tickets to members? Are you serious?

Too many tickets to members? Are you serious?

In a normal circumstance no. It should go to the members.
But questionable how many actually went to members in this scenario and how many went to friends of members, or people who bought members places...

To clarify, 2 week quarantines would shut out the eastern states members from attending...

Is is there really 12k members from each club based in WA? I wouldn't have thought so? So a big allocation of "members" seats are just general public that found a backdoor in.

I guess when you factor in that they would have family and friends they'd want to take too and take their 4x ticket allocations each its easier to see why they all got soaked up as well.

Last edited:
My question was going to be if by some miracle you get 2 tickets, does the Dad miss out or you? haha.

It would def be me to miss out. I've been blessed to watch my team win a GF in person back in 2010.
We have another family friend who is a Bullies supporter who watches all the games with him, so if I only got two, then I'd 100% send them.

Always previously managed to get tickets through Bigfooty when I was in Melbourne, although I think this year will be a lot tougher, just because of the novelty of it in WA.

Honestly pretty gutted not to get tickets, once in a lifetime opportunity to see a GF in Perth. I knew the chances would be slim but I was optimistic. I had two devices logged in from 8am watching the timer countdown. When the 'queue' finally started one of my devices was 15,000th the other was 120,000th. It was a completely random lottery.

Congrats to those that got tickets. I know so many people who tried to get tickets and only one of them managed to get some.

Keeping my eyes peeled for some reasonably priced resale ones but I don't like my chances of getting to the game.

Eeked out a category 5 ticket. There were none others available so I took what I had and ran. The queueing system was a joke, it was only cos i got lucky and joined it with 30 mins left that I got anything.

Feel sorry for those who missed out, the demand for tickets today was nuts.

Were travelling from Adelaide on Wednesday and cant wait. Have not seen Perth in about 20 years and would be great to see Optus in the flesh and how it compares to Adelaide Oval. Cant wait!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a normal circumstance no. It should go to the members.
But questionable how many actually went to members in this scenario and how many went to friends of members, or people who bought members places...

To clarify, 2 week quarantines would shut out the eastern states members from attending...

Is is there really 12k members from each club based in WA? I wouldn't have thought so? So a big allocation of "members" seats are just general public that found a backdoor in.

I guess when you factor in that they would have family and friends they'd want to take too and take their 4x ticket allocations each its easier to see why they all got soaked up as well.
Theres plenty of doggies supporters in wa - my mrs being one. I was happy to go with her if we could have scored tix and wear doggies gear - we were trying to get a barcode and werent successful but i know of friends who got barcodes off viccos and will be attending.

Feel sorry for those who missed out, the demand for tickets today was nuts.

Were travelling from Adelaide on Wednesday and cant wait. Have not seen Perth in about 20 years and would be great to see Optus in the flesh and how it compares to Adelaide Oval. Cant wait!
Enjoy your time here in Perth. And it's a beautiful stadium.

Went big. Signed up for corporate tickets to avoid disappointment.
Same here. Taking my dad, who has cancer and probably won't see his next birthday. Didn't want to miss out but still the price hurts!

For what it's worth, the person i spoke to at North Melbourne said they were allocated 400 tickets, so presumably that's the same for each non-competing club.

Same here. Taking my dad, who has cancer and probably won't see his next birthday. Didn't want to miss out but still the price hurts!

For what it's worth, the person i spoke to at North Melbourne said they were allocated 400 tickets, so presumably that's the same for each non-competing club.
I'm not sure I believe this. I thought usually the allocation per club for the MCG is 200.

I'm not sure I believe this. I thought usually the allocation per club for the MCG is 200.
That's what I was told. I have no idea about the normal allocations. But there are a lot of things different about this year's grand final, so both numbers may be true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back