AFL Grand Final Grand Final Tickets - Got yours? Want some?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ticketing talk.

TL;DR - We have this thread to help fans talk about their seats, the venue, and get to the game. Not to help scalpers rip people off. We don't take any responsibility for any trades of any sort.

The rules:

- Posters scalping GF tickets on BigFooty will have their accounts perma-banned.
- Should you wish to sell your ticket, it must be advertised at face value + margin permitted by legislation (see legislation/ACT for further details).
- BigFooty does not warrant the sale of any finals tickets between posters and any transactions conducted between members will be done so at the buyers/sellers risk.
- Any course of legal action in recovering money for counterfeit tickets or tickets not received will be the onus of the buyer/seller.
- Barcode sharing per club email is permitted, however any action conducted by posters sharing barcode information is at the risk of the member and not warranted by BigFooty.

Ticketing sales times: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-afl-finals-series-afl-grand-final.1285551/post-72130029

superg

Draftee
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Keen for one barcode if anyone has one, im heading over to perth but havent got a ticket yet

Tyler Hodges

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76'ers
Just clarifying about all the complaints regarding the priority 3 Melbourne supporters not getting a ticket, you were able to upgrade your membership up until the Monday before the prelims. It is really on you if you chose not to look into it, legit took one email to find this info and one phone call to guarantee a ticket. I wasn’t missing out as a neutral, if I was any kind of diehard fan there’s zero chance I couldn’t get a ticket. Will be cheering hard for the Dees with 6 mates in section 141!

side note, join the queue 30 minutes BEFORE the GA tickets go on sale for Thursday. If you just log into Ticketmaster at 10.03 and are in a massive queue and miss out, it’s once again, on you.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Just clarifying about all the complaints regarding the priority 3 Melbourne supporters not getting a ticket, you were able to upgrade your membership up until the Monday before the prelims. It is really on you if you chose not to look into it, legit took one email to find this info and one phone call to guarantee a ticket. I wasn’t missing out as a neutral, if I was any kind of diehard fan there’s zero chance I couldn’t get a ticket. Will be cheering hard for the Dees with 6 mates in section 141!

side note, join the queue 30 minutes BEFORE the GA tickets go on sale for Thursday. If you just log into Ticketmaster at 10.03 and are in a massive queue and miss out, it’s once again, on you.
Doesn’t work like that. There isn’t a queue 30 minutes before. It’s literally click on the link at 10am. People line up for hours in person, but you think it’s guaranteed? Nope

Tyler Hodges

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76'ers
Doesn’t work like that. There isn’t a queue 30 minutes before. It’s literally click on the link at 10am. People line up for hours in person, but you think it’s guaranteed? Nope
A6F22118-D1B1-47BD-ADF8-F2DE15A227A7.png

Well the general admission must be different from the member sales, because I joined the queue at 8.31am on Monday for prio 1 demons, counted down from 29 mins, as soon as 9am hit it says waiting for tickets, had 850 odd people in front of me in queue then got to my seats t around 9.03am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
haha, my mates partner joined the queue 4 minutes before it started and managed to get 4.
Same thing happened to me - 3 of us in the queue ( I was last to join) and I ended up with 4 tickets. They were like 110,000. I think they ballzed it up as the later you joined put you at the front of the queue.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Same thing happened to me - 3 of us in the queue ( I was last to join) and I ended up with 4 tickets. They were like 110,000. I think they ballzed it up as the later you joined put you at the front of the queue.
Get that feeling too. Later you joined the closer to the queue. Weird system. No first in first served.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Bit of a **** show system.

I read the article that said pre-queue would go live at 9.50am. It also said dont hit refresh!

9.50am came and went and nothing happened to so I hit refresh and the "join queue" button emerged. Thanks... great. Now I realize it was up since 9.30am.

So I joined the queue about 9.51am. I told a work collegue and they joined 10 seconds after me. Another work colleague joined 5mins later for a laugh and had no intention of buying tickets.

Once it hit 10am I was 93,000th in queue. The one who joined 10 seconds after me was 105,000, and the one who joined 5mins after was 2600th....

When he got to the ticket page there was no 2-3tickets available. Only individuals.

So essentially the first 2500 through bought their 4x tickets each and that was the end of it.

I think when it hit 10am everyone was put in random order?

If I'd known this I'd have had 4 computers on it! lol. Basically just a lotto system.

I guess in a way, if thats how it worked, it is fair.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bit of a **** show system.

I read the article that said pre-queue would go live at 9.50am. It also said dont hit refresh!

9.50am came and went and nothing happened to so I hit refresh and the "join queue" button emerged. Thanks... great. Now I realize it was up since 9.30am.

So I joined the queue about 9.51am. I told a work collegue and they joined 10 seconds after me. Another work colleague joined 5mins later for a laugh and had no intention of buying tickets.

Once it hit 10am I was 93,000th in queue. The one who joined 10 seconds after me was 105,000, and the one who joined 5mins after was 2600th....

When he got to the ticket page there was no 2-3tickets available. Only individuals.

So essentially the first 2500 through bought their 4x tickets each and that was the end of it.

I think when it hit 10am everyone was put in random order?

If I'd known this I'd have had 4 computers on it! lol. Basically just a lotto system.

I guess in a way, if thats how it worked, it is fair.
A s**t show. If it was randomised, then why tell people then to queue in person, as you had a better chance instead of the lottery.
Didn’t trust Ticketmaster, so checked at 9. Refreshed every 10 min and Lo behold join queue at precisely 9.30. Thought okay I have a good chance.
Find out that a few joined at 9.55am and were ahead of the queue anyway. So it’s not a first come first served basis?
Complete lack of communication from Ticketmaster, but knew better anyway. They’ve done this before.

150k + vying for 10,500 tickets isn’t going to work anyway. Congratulations on those that managed to get lucky and get tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back