List Mgmt. Grundy: Did we make the wrong choice?

Remove this Banner Ad

goodoldcats

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 7, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
We all knew the kid has talent, every drafter believed he would easily be the best ruck from the draft. I have no problem with taking a punt in the draft... but it was a high risk with picking a tasmanian. Cant help but imagine having Grundy running around in the hoops. Thoughts??

We all knew the kid has talent, every drafter believed he would easily be the best ruck from the draft. I have no problem with taking a punt in the draft... but it was a high risk with picking a tasmanian. Cant help but imagine having Grundy running around in the hoops. Thoughts??

That is probably the dumbest thing I've read on this board.....EVER !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who cares?

We have Thurlow and he's shown enough to suggest he'll be more than handy. Simpson will be amongst the best rucks this same time next year and he's about 2 inches taller than grundy and has a good 10 kilo's over him too.

Grundy was talented . , we all knew that. A lot on this board were amazed that we went passed him. But the wisdom of the wizard can not be denied. Thurlow will be a gun for us.

Rather convenient to hit this nowThe time to ask this is when Thurlow is playing for us , when Vardy, Simpson, Blitz or West are playing well and Grundy is in their two's.

I think Grundy will be a gun, but I've also got pretty high hopes for Thurlow so lets just wait and see.

I can't figure out how so many teams passed on Grundy.

Is wells the best recruiter the game has ever seen? - yes

Will thurlow be a gun? - probably yes

BUT.. did we make an incorrect call in picking thurlow over Grundy? - yes

Even though thurlow will be a great hbf/wing I would take a A grade gun first ruck EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.

I said this at draft time and got shot down quickly, but Grundy looks special and would be our no.1 ruck for next decade.

Yes I know we have Simpson but only Menzel (and ironically hmac - a mistake in hind site recruiting) are more injury prone in the afl. Simpson looks good but can't stay fit for a season. Don't get me wrong, thurlow looks the goods but it is much harder to find a ruck as good as Grundy with the picks we have had.

Posters that cannot see the above - take off your blue and white goggles and wake up to reality.

Grundy will be a star.. But if Simpson/Hmac can stay on the park then they'll be more than enough.

The only positive I have with Simpson's injury was that it's not his back. So hopefully he is over that and he can have a full pre-season and will be right to go round 1 next year. I believe he can be among the best Rucks in the comp.

Too early too tell. But if both go on to be A grade talents in their respected positions you would have to say Grundy. This guy looks like the next Cox. Rucks like that don't come along very often. having said that not all players (especially Rucks) go on with when they look great guns early.

All the same I'm happy with Thurlow and there were 5-10 other clubs that could have also recruited Grundy before us. Port, Richmond, GWS a three clubs who could have used a ruck and didn't pick him. There's probably a reason for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back