Game Day Match Sim vs Hawthorn - Daz can’t be effed making a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Found this on the GFC website.
No information on whether the game will be televised at all

Now is your chance to get the first glimpse of the Cats in 2023!

Join us for the first Match Simulation against the Hawks at GMHBA Stadium and get set for season 2023.

Watch eight periods of play between the two sides over the afternoon at the Cattery.

Match Simulation
Geelong v Hawthorn
Thursday 23 February
Gates: Gate 13 opens at 3.30pm
Bounce: 4.00pm
GMHBA Stadium
FREE ENTRY

GETTING HERE BY CAR

Geelong is 75 kilometres from Melbourne accessible via the Westgate Bridge and following the Princes Freeway.

In Geelong, the Princes Freeway becomes Latrobe Terrace (no turns required). Once you reach the set of traffic lights directly adjacent to 7-Eleven turn left onto Kilgour Street and make an immediate right. This will take you straight into Kardinia Park’s main entry being Kilgour Street.

GETTING HERE BY BUS

Public Bus Stops are located along Moorabool Street, directly opposite Gate 5 – Bernie Smith (river end) and Gate 1 – Polly Farmer (city end).

Please note: The bus routes are subject to change based on road closures along Moorabool Street – these will be implemented for specific Major Events and you should continue to monitor the Kardinia Park website for updates.

GETTING HERE BY TRAIN

Geelong is approximately one hour from Melbourne’s Southern Cross Station, with the Geelong Railway Station situated 1.8 kilometres to the north of the stadium and South Geelong Station located 450 metres to the east. Making ‘getting to the stadium’ simple and convenient.

Additional services may be provided by V/Line on Major Event days. Patrons are encouraged to visit the V/Line and/or Public Transport Victoria websites, for more information.

Is "Match Simulation" just fancy talk for "a Practice Game"?
Being 8 1/4s I expect some difference to a general practice match
I would’ve be surprised if we see 16 v 16 or something at some stage
I'm pretty sure it'll be on Kayo.
Just seen on the NMFC Facebook page they need to register to view there game next week via email so I’m going with the complete opposite and it won’t be on Kayo

Being 8 1/4s I expect some difference to a general practice match
I would’ve be surprised if we see 16 v 16 or something at some stage

Just seen on the NMFC Facebook page they need to register to view there game next week via email so I’m going with the complete opposite and it won’t be on Kayo
I reckon I read somewhere that the plan was for Kayo to stream it live. Now I could be wrong.

I reckon I read somewhere that the plan was for Kayo to stream it live. Now I could be wrong.
I think you’ll find that Kayo will stream the official practice match
Not the ones set up by clubs themselves
As long as I have a stream to watch later on that night I’m happy

I'm pretty sure it'll be on Kayo.

I wouldn't be surprised if this one was streamed by the club as it's not an official practice match, and then it's the official practice match against Brisbane which gets better coverage options

I wouldn't be surprised if this one was streamed by the club as it's not an official practice match, and then it's the official practice match against Brisbane which gets better coverage options
Last year's 6 quarter non official was streamed.

Not on kayo though.

I'll be at work with no reception so won't be able to stream live in any case. Hope the club makes a link available
I was positive it was on Kayo.

Well kayo or not can someone please make sure none of us miss the game by letting everyone know if you you read something official.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone remember the 2006 Ansett/Wizard/NAB Cup GF Cats v Adel in Adelaide?

I remember getting really stressed out late in the game and then celebrated wildly when we won
Yeah I remember being young and very very pumped that we won it.
Finally felt like we won something... even though it was a preseason comp.

Just goes to show you how your standards can change.

For me, making finals or even GFs means nothing these days. It’s all about notching up flags.

So I do remember every now and then that preseason flag when I actually cared when I see supporters of other clubs carrying in over home and away games etc.

A bunch of years ago my Richmond friends were so happy to wins some games and make the finals... I told them that there expectations will change after that... and they did. It’s flag or they are unhappy aswell.

I almost wish I could start caring about the little things again... but we have just been so good that it’s expected now.

Yeah I remember being young and very very pumped that we won it.
Finally felt like we won something... even though it was a preseason comp.

Just goes to show you how your standards can change.

For me, making finals or even GFs means nothing these days. It’s all about notching up flags.

So I do remember every now and then that preseason flag when I actually cared when I see supporters of other clubs carrying in over home and away games etc.

A bunch of years ago my Richmond friends were so happy to wins some games and make the finals... I told them that there expectations will change after that... and they did. It’s flag or they are unhappy aswell.

I almost wish I could start caring about the little things again... but we have just been so good that it’s expected now.

Wow. How can people think like this?
It’s not about notching up flags for me.

I can remember going to the footy and thinking ‘we are getting smashed today’.

Turning the tv on now and thinking ‘we should have them…. Possibly’
Is a whole lot more fun than just notching something up.

Really?
You're surprised?

Everyone's experiences shape how they view the world. I don't think exactly like either of you, but I can easily understand how you might have got there.

Meh - barely above a combined training session. Wont keep score, I guess most of the guys will be out for a bit of touch-free footy, but will transform into a try-out session for wannabee VFL squad players. If streamed I'll watch for a bit for what hopefully be the standout highlight - Oisin kicking the pigskin.

Will Cooper Stephens feature, and does anyone think he has the potential to be another JOSH KENNEDY (Swans')?
Big bodied mid starved of opportunities, transfers and stars...
No qualms that we released him, but starved he was at Geelong for obvious reasons.

I guess it's all about flags for me whilst I know that the team is in the window and wanting to maximise when being in a winning position.

I can only assume and hope that my expectations are lowered when the team changes to a more "building towards being in the window" mode.

But yeah... I'm happy to admit that I don't get excited by winning games that I just now expect to be winning.

The team has been so good for so long that my expectations are high.

We have been blessed... but without doubt it has changed the way I feel about everything.

Flags are by far all that matters to me.

We can have Brownlow's, Colemans, AA's, finishing top of the ladder etc... but adding flags to the cabinet at the end of the years beats all of that stuff combined for mine.

It's just the way I feel. I understand the list is in a position to win, and I'm not happy unless it does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back