Had a "brief" chat to the Duffman tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Sleep easy, Arden. You have done everything right in reporting this.

At the end of the day, Duff is the one who will be judged by this. It is absolutely inappropriate for the Chairman of any organisation to swear at one of his constituents. By all means he was entitled to say, in a pleasant but firm manner. "Sorry, mate, we are here to watch and enjoy the footy. Thats what I want to focus on and I hope that you will appreciate and respect where I am coming from. So lets just talk about how things are travelling tonight" or words to that effect.

In my opinion the way he reacted showed that he is unsuitable for the role he is in and he should look to step down as soon as possible.

Yes, it's not hard to imagine the Duffer getting angry with someone.

I wonder if he had a list of lapsed members to call during the telethon. Now that would have made for interesting listening.

Arden, we're with you kiddo.

If this clown had half the charm of Bob Ansett and the passion of Ron Casey we'd have 35,000 members. Not liked by a lot of my cronies that's for sure. None of us trust him.

Great post Gabbie. As we cast the net for the next chairman (or chairwoman, though the way Caroline Carnegie was treated by these boofheads I can't see a woman breaking through soon), and considering those currently on the board, I'd say there are few options immediately obvious. RJ has said he's not the man for the job and I'd have to agree. Most of the directors on the shareholders side have the charm of a damp sponge. On the members side, Mark Brayshaw is dead man walking and won't be there for the next vote for chairman. So that leaves JB. :(

At the end of the day, Duff is the one who will be judged by this. It is absolutely inappropriate for the Chairman of any organisation to swear at one of his constituents. By all means he was entitled to say, in a pleasant but firm manner. "Sorry, mate, we are here to watch and enjoy the footy. Thats what I want to focus on and I hope that you will appreciate and respect where I am coming from. So lets just talk about how things are travelling tonight" or words to that effect.

In my opinion the way he reacted showed that he is unsuitable for the role he is in and he should look to step down as soon as possible.

When "Drew" from this forum was speaking vigorously with Rick late last night in my presence for what seemed like half an hour, Rick raised his voice on a number of occasions and was firm and assertive but at no time was he aggressive or intimidating and he certainly didn't swear. And without meaning to disparage Drew, I'm certain Arden was never as aggressive or demanding as Drew was last night. Rick may have his detractors, but he has the sort of class that Duff can only dream about.

Good post, Horace. Sorry...(naughty) Horace at Work??? The words you have chosen to illustrate what Duff could have said are spot on. They're words that you'd think any professional in his position would say.

But he didn't say them. Why ? Because the man is an arrogant, aggressive buffoon.

And it's hardly surprising if he has taken the line overheard at the CP, either. Football, and its inebriated massses, provides him with the perfect cover. Even if we all know Arden was as sober as a judge. Although the fact that it got reported back probably rattled his cage a little. Which is nice. Ultimately, even if it all comes to nothing, which I'm sure it will, at least we can say that 40 to 50-odd passionate, well-informed members on BF know the truth.

I don't doubt Arden for one second. And I hope no one else does. Doubting Arden is worse than doubting giantroo. (Of whom there is no doubting.) And is it just little, old, anti-Duff me, or does the whole incident itself seem pretty damn.....how should I put this....Duff-esque, anyway ??

Either way, it's simply further confirmation that Duff is completely the wrong bloke for the job. The bloke just has no fcuking idea.

...at least we can say that 40 to 50-odd passionate, well-informed members on BF know the truth.

Actually more than that. There's no way I'm going to be able to resist digs at him in public now. And I do believe the Duffman tends to sit a few rows back...

Strange thread.
Anyone ever heard of hearsay?, this whole thread is based on it.
Including the constant denigration of Graham Duff.
As for Arden now coming on here and posting that he didn't want this to be aired in the media, why did you post it on a popular message board which is continually being read by journos?
And to the twit who rang up the radio station, pull your head in.

Strange thread.
Anyone ever heard of hearsay?, this whole thread is based on it.
Including the constant denigration of Graham Duff.
As for Arden now coming on here and posting that he didn't want this to be aired in the media, why did you post it on a popular message board which is continually being read by journos?
And to the twit who rang up the radio station, pull your head in.

Pfft get real champ - don't tell me you actually support this clown? You obviously take a lot of convincing mate...hearsay haha jesus mate you've gotta be joking. Take your own advice mate cause I won't be taking it. I don't need your permission to call a radio station

*Snip*

Ok, didn't need that last little bit! Star

When "Drew" from this forum was speaking vigorously with Rick late last night in my presence for what seemed like half an hour, Rick raised his voice on a number of occasions and was firm and assertive but at no time was he aggressive or intimidating and he certainly didn't swear. And without meaning to disparage Drew, I'm certain Arden was never as aggressive or demanding as Drew was last night. Rick may have his detractors, but he has the sort of class that Duff can only dream about.

I don't doubt you for a second, pharro. I'm simply looking forward to hearing some of that class, presence and passion from Rick in public, e.g. on the radio putting USC or Drain in their place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post, Horace. Sorry...(naughty) Horace at Work???
Yep, thats me TOD. Finally could not help myself. Got frustrated just viewing from work and not posting.

I was thinking of using a different name then having a vigorous argument with myself. :D I wonder who would have won?

Yep, thats me TOD. Finally could not help myself. Got frustrated just viewing from work and not posting.

Yeah, that can definitely bug. But then I guess I have the small inducement of getting sacked if I post to rain on that particular parade.

Huh? I was just asking a question on whether you did or didn't.

Surely you of all that post on here can see the ridiculosity of the posts that are appearing re Duff, I don't have an opinion but the guy deserves a fair go.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the posts about Duff.

Apart from the fact he hasn't had an opportunity to defend himself.
And if he did on here who would believe it was him.
Shinners I have great respect for you but the treatment on Bigfooty North Melbourne site of Graham Duff has been disgraceful.

Apart from the fact he hasn't had an opportunity to defend himself.
And if he did on here who would believe it was him.

Shinners I have great respect for you but the treatment on Bigfooty North Melbourne site of Graham Duff has been disgraceful.

You're kidding, aren't you?

I don't think I ever saw saying that the treatment of Dean Laidley (and for that matter, Brown, Watt, Petrie, Sansbury, and co) was disgraceful when they've been criticised over the years. And you never said that Laidley wasn't given the chance to defend himself when people like you were making posts about him "losing the players".

If the coach and players cop it on this board, then I can't see why Duff should be treated any differently.

You're kidding, aren't you?

I don't think I ever saw saying that the treatment of Dean Laidley (and for that matter, Brown, Watt, Petrie, Sansbury, and co) was disgraceful when they've been criticised over the years. And you never said that Laidley wasn't given the chance to defend himself when people like you were making posts about him "losing the players".

If the coach and players cop it on this board, then I can't see why Duff should be treated any differently.
Hey, listen up, the membership department told Laidley to change the game plan because it was costing the club members, don't give me the rubbish, a lot of other supporters were in the same boat as me, its funny how all of a sudden everyone is saying North are playing a great brand of footy, we've always played that way, Dean changed it thats all.

Hey, listen up, the membership department told Laidley to change the game plan because it was costing the club members,

The membership department told Laidley to change the game plan?

Isn't that hearsay? The same sort of hearsay that you're having a go at people for in regards to Duff?

jozeph said:
don't give me the rubbish, a lot of other supporters were in the same boat as me, its funny how all of a sudden everyone is saying North are playing a great brand of footy, we've always played that way, Dean changed it thats all.

I don't know why you've gone on this tangent.

All I was pointing out is that you seem to want Duff to be treated differently to Laidley/Brown/Watt/Petrie/Sansbury etc. on this message board.

The membership department told Laidley to change the game plan?

Isn't that hearsay? The same sort of hearsay that you're having a go at people for in regards to Duff?

I don't know why you've gone on this tangent.

All I was pointing out is that you seem to want Duff to be treated differently to Laidley/Brown/Watt/Petrie/Sansbury etc. on this message board.

Fair dinkum Shinners if you think Laidley was on the right track last year with his game plan you have lost me, as for treating Duff differently than Laidley/Brown/Watt/Petrie/Sansbury well I think that would be obvious even to you, step away for a moment and read the post and not the poster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back