Preview Hawks vs Dogs - Changes and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes and general discussion happen in this thread.

brenda-lee.jpg

Might be hard to find any "outs" after tonight!

Josh Gibson will supposedly play for Box Hill next week, and may be a chance for the Doggies game and a return bout with Big Bazza.

Campbell Brown may well be available. Other than that, Whitecross, Peterson and Shiels may be outside chances, but i wouldn't be surprised if we went in unchanged.

Depending on the fitness of Hooper, would love to see him back in but may have to wait for the geelong game. Don't think there were any serious injuries tonight so it's going to start getting very tough.

In: Gibson, Brown
Out: Shoey, ?

Thought Shoey played really well on gumbleton but the bulldogs have a much smaller forward line so gilham/stratts/gibbo should be able to cover any talls.

Not sure who brown comes in for, Murphy was probably actually our best defender tonight along with gilham for shutting down hurley, maybe brown comes in for laddo? Muston keeps his spots for 3 goals and another good game on a dangerous defender

How about everyone catches their breath after the bummers game. 2 bloody weeks till our next game. The dogs could lose Bazza, Cooney, Gilbee and Johnson this weekend and every post would be rendered irrelevant. Savour the moment.

Was Twister injured? Saw that he came back on to the ground but seemed proppy for awhile...?

The break is coming at the right time. Hodge and Changa would be in doubt I think if we played next week.

2 weeks will be a long time after tonights win.

Think Gibbo for Shoey is a given.

Think we need Petersen back in the forward line as another option.

Browny should be right to go as well.

Do people think that given the form of Murphy in the backline, that Browny can go back up forward to play the Hooper role until Hoops returns?

Think Gibbo for Shoey is a given.

Think we need Petersen back in the forward line as another option.

Browny should be right to go as well.

Do people think that given the form of Murphy in the backline, that Browny can go back up forward to play the Hooper role until Hoops returns?

nah brownies too important down back they look so much better when he is there. maybe Laddo goes forward, he played very well there for his first game.

I think browny has shown that he is a much better defender than forward, even if it means playing a half back role and dropping in the hole. We'll really benefit from a couple weeks off, the boys can hold their heads high as to how they've turned the season around in the last 6 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 14: Hawthorn Vs Western Bulldogs, Friday July 2nd, 7:40pm AEST, MCG

HAWTHORN

B: Brent Guerra, Steven Gilham, Josh Gibson
HB: Rick Ladson, Benjamin Stratton, Grant Birchall
C: Chance Bateman, Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis
HF: Michael Osborne, Lance Franklin, Shaun Burgoyne
F: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Campbell Brown
FOLL: Brent Renouf, Luke Hodge, Brad Sewell
I/C: Wayde Skipper, Xavier Ellis, Clinton Young, Thomas Murphy
EMG: Beau Muston, Carl Peterson, Ryan Schoenmakers

IN: Josh Gibson, Campbell Brown,
OUT: Beau Muston, Ryan Schoenmakers

Have to drop someone, and Muston is stiff. Gibson and Brown will probably be eased back, so both guys will probably retain spots.

Rhan Hooper and Simon Taylor will hopefully be close by the start of this match. Both will need Box Hill runs.

What a luxury, more players pushing for selection than there are places. I though Peterson was a bit stiff to get dropped, thought it may have been a convenient opportunity for a mid year breather.

Maybe they could give one of Bateman, Hodge or Burgoyne another weeks rest? Noticed Burgoyne was flexing his knee a bit in the second half, and Hodge seemed to have a bit of knee trouble.

Brown in for Bateman if injured is the only change i would think we would need to make for the dogs game. Possibly Shoey for Gibson, Shiels or Peterson if the Dogs play a small forward line. Muston would be unlucky to be dropped.

My prediciton is they will add a few players to the list - and not drop anybody until the last minute.

Gee i hope Josh Gibson is ok to come back in 2 weeks time, it will relieve my anxiety every time the ball goes down back.

Really? Has he been that special when he has played? I must admit I have trouble remembering his performances other than getting towelled up by Hall in that pre-season game.

What were the games he played well in so I can have a look?

Putting changes aside I'm concerned about Buddy, Lake has really shut him down recently, and with Roughead playing deplorably I'd want Hooper and Peterson back.

~ Yaelius

Putting changes aside I'm concerned about Buddy, Lake has really shut him down recently, and with Roughead playing deplorably I'd want Hooper and Peterson back.

~ Yaelius

Maybe since we are getting nothing out of Roughead, we give him a tagging role on Lake.

I'd want Muston in to play another of those shut-down type roles. That could be really valuable for us in our next game. He's doing well, building confidence, and it'd be a pity to pull him out now.

Barry Hall could give us a real hiding. I don't think Gibson will come straight back in, and that leaves us a little exposed against the Doggies.

I didn't notice Shoe doing much good last night, but from what others have said, it sounds like he might be in a bit of a purple-patch, and he's tall, and plays in defence, so leave him in. I won't envy him if he comes up against Barry, however.

We have to win more taps. Simple as that. I thought that's where Essendon really got their momentum last night.

~ Yaelius

Both games were at Etihad, where Buddy gets strangled by the small space.

Lake's last effort against Buddy at the G....you know what happened

Really? Has he been that special when he has played? I must admit I have trouble remembering his performances other than getting towelled up by Hall in that pre-season game.

What were the games he played well in so I can have a look?

Played very well against Melbourne and Geelong (didnt get a goal kicked on him when he went onto Mooney after Gilham got towelled up by both Hawkins and Mooney).

Vital player Gibbo.:thumbsu:

I have siad it once and i will say it again.......
How about playing Roughie on big Bazza.
He's a big body and has the instincts of a forward, and is doing nothing up forward for us atm.
Give him a job on Big Bad Bussling Bazza, and swing Shoey up forward.

I cant see Gibson coming back in 2 weeks time.....he is still listed as 2-3 weeks away....more likely to come back in against Brisbane I would think.

Other than that, I dont see the need to make any changes.

This is another side that have had to wood on us in recent times.....so we owe them big time also......time to kick some pupy arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back