News Hawthorn AGM 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nankervil is a successful lawyer for over 25 years, I think he is his own man. Now everyone do your own research on the candidates, but voting someone because of Jeff isn’t a good reason if that person is probably the most qualified candidate for the job. What makes Gowers such a great candidate for leader? All I’m hearing in here is vote him because Jeff doesn’t want him. Is that really the right approach to making an informed decision. Now before everyone loses a head gasket, I’ve never met Nankervil and I’m not a Kennett fan either. I just see lots of Agendas in here, and hope everyone does their own research and not let BF influence their decision.

He’s stated he’s a one term transition president because ‘no one suitable applying’

Maybe no one applying because a certain high profile geriatric will attack you mercilessly online and in the media

(Accusing langers of being fed bullshit?)

Cmon everyone, we are better than that. Kennet himself said constant renewal is healthy, when imposing fixed maximum terms

Last edited:

I can't help but feel that the success we've experienced in recent times has led to the association that the board has been just as successful with governance as we were on field. Given we've lost the powerhouse moniker (for now) on field, the spotlight is now shining particularly brightly on our off field governance and for mine we've been found significantly lacking.

I have hated seeing the club being used as a mouthpiece to launch personal attacks on others based in politics. I was extremely dismayed at the First Nations report. The ongoing estrangement of Cyril highlights the very essence of what happens when we lost the idea of one for all and all for one, indeed we're now paying the price of those who have deemed themselves above the club. Seeing this great club that I hold dear to my heart treat its members with relative disdain is nothing short of a disgrace.

Regardless of the outcome of the election, I sincerely hope there is unity and leadership for the good of the club, not the individual. I only hope that moving forward the clubs best interests are what matter to those who are voted as the temporary custodians of our great club.

And I sincerely hope we never again allow on field success to mask governance failings again.

Spectemur Agendo.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gowers for me - I strayed from the suggested H4C ticket in that I voted for Hudson over Merlino - my reasoning is to take politics right out of it, he is a Hawthorn man & have no doubt he still has contacts re any potential funding

roll on season 2023
I actually voted the same way for this reason too. As a big Hawthorn fan I’m assuming Merlino will still be willing to help obtain funding (if asked) even if not on the board.

This election has been ugly for the club. Hopefully the elected board can be unified and work cohesively once the dust settles.

This “take politics out of it” - didn’t someone say Gowers is a member of the liberal party

Given that Gowers and Merlino are backing one another - I would say their intent is the club not politics

I don’t believe for one second that Jeff will leave the club and never say another thing about Hawthorn, he’ll put his hand up for an opinion on anything and everything regardless. That’s what he does.

Still, can’t wait to see him go.

I had a listen to the Anne-Marie Pellizer pod this morning and I really didn’t like the way she came across when Ash and the boys asked very valid questions about the board and how they’ve handled things recently. Very defensive and dismissive. I’m interested to know if others felt the same.

I don’t believe for one second that Jeff will leave the club and never say another thing about Hawthorn, he’ll put his hand up for an opinion on anything and everything regardless. That’s what he does.

I had a listen to the Anne-Marie Pellizer pod this morning and I really didn’t like the way she came across when Ash and the boys asked very valid questions about the board and how they’ve handled things recently. Very defensive and dismissive. I’m interested to know if others felt the same.

felt the exact same way. Didn't like it

yep, she didnt get my vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Jeff just trying to sabotage the board at this point he was on sky last night and an herald sun anti Andrews opinion piece today…
He's their self-appointed attack dog - that won't change. He needs to get as much attention as possible because in a few short weeks, he'll no longer be Pres. and the Vic election will have concluded, so his dial-a-quote time-filler will be scaled back significantly.

He's their self-appointed attack dog - that won't change. He needs to get as much attention as possible because in a few short weeks, he'll no longer be Pres. and the Vic election will have concluded, so his dial-a-quote time-filler will be scaled back significantly.
I don’t reckon it will.

Bruce Ruxton mk2

Got a call from Andy Gowers this afternoon to solicit for my vote. Wanted to make sure that he wasn't intruding and it was ok for him to speak to me before starting. Got to tell him I voted for him already. He obviously was happy but also said that if he wins he'll be looking at having more interaction with the members. Sounded really positive and to be honest made me feel part of the club.

Got a call from Andy Gowers this afternoon to solicit for my vote. Wanted to make sure that he wasn't intruding and it was ok for him to speak to me before starting. Got to tell him I voted for him already. He obviously was happy but also said that if he wins he'll be looking at having more interaction with the members. Sounded really positive and to be honest made me feel part of the club.
Love hearing that, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

This is our club not theirs. Politics always comes into everything, that's just life, but I find it particularly annoying how Kennett is accusing everyone else of bringing politics into it when he is talking right now about how he wishes he had run for state election, he treats Hawthorn like a toy to be played with in his retirement.

Far more qualified Hawthorn fans aren't on our board, like Chris Langford himself because they would want to actually work for the club if they had a position, rather than be some figurehead. The current board have clearly been manipulative and power hungry, they aren't super qualified people when they have clearly shown they are just Kennett flunkies and enablers. At the end of the day one group is engaging us and the others are acting like they've always worked for us when everything points to the opposite.

Last edited:
The politics accusations from Kennett are a classic case of projection.

Like when Trump calls other people crooked, corrupt, liars, crazy etc etc. A blatant tactic that most sensible people can see right through.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

I d like Andy G to call me

please as id like too have a convo

I got a call whilst at work and was unable to answer, damnit I hope it wasn’t Andy!

(I already voted for him)

Has anyone seen where the Chief stands on this? Has he put his support to one side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back