News Hawthorn AGM 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gowers for me - I strayed from the suggested H4C ticket in that I voted for Hudson over Merlino - my reasoning is to take politics right out of it, he is a Hawthorn man & have no doubt he still has contacts re any potential funding

roll on season 2023

Terrific stuff from Langford, and is consistent with the dismay I have had for several years at the club's governance and the Board's absolute failure to stand up to Kennett's corrosive presence.

The only shame is that Langford has not thrown his own hat into the ring as not all of the candidates being put forward are ideal.

It's the problem with a demanding, unpaid position - when you have really well credentialed candidates who are still in demanding corporate gigs (Langers, Huddo, Silk etc) it makes it hard to get them to do the job it seems.

It shouldn’t be that demanding. It’s directing

It's still an executive function that would require a fair bit of your spare time - something that if you are running your own company like Langford is you wouldn't be overly blessed with. Couple that with the fact that you don't get paid for it - I get why it can sometimes be a hard position to fill.

My concern regarding Gowers, is he tough enough to stand up to the AFL, we all know the AFL like to control the clubs and we need a strong leader who’s going to fight tooth and nail for Hawthorn.

63B07859-64A2-4275-82E9-DC28DE57103F.jpeg

‘All they’ve done is attack’ says man who spent years attacking someone which ended up costing us millions of dollars. It’s like Ivan Milat complaining about hitchhiker safety.

Last edited:
My concern regarding Gowers, is he tough enough to stand up to the AFL, we all know the AFL like to control the clubs and we need a strong leader who’s going to fight tooth and nail for Hawthorn.

Gowers v Nankivell? For all Kennett bluster….what gain can actually be attributed to that?

This AGM won’t come quick enough, but even then I fear we won’t have heard the last from Kennett - he is the hawks Sheedy and is going to be a pain in the arse till the end.

On another note - can we stop giving a s**t who Diakos votes for and why. They are entitled to their misguided views

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Nankervill is ?? We have not even heard from him. He is the alternative.

Remember Kennett is going. So we are told by the Kennett voters.

I will back Gowers to do what you ask, every day of the week

“Silent Andy “

“No point of difference in their offerings “ …which is true

And a response to Langford s ascertions

The truth on that issue somewhere in the middle

And Nankervill is ?? We have not even heard from him. He is the alternative.

Remember Kennett is going. So we are told by the Kennett voters.

I will back Gowers to do what you ask, every day of the week
Fair call, however we need to look at the candidates on their merit, I refuse to read or listen to anything Jeff is saying as he’s on the way out and he is old news.

One candidate has stood up to Kennett. The other has not. And the AFL is way tougher than Jeff.

And let’s be honest it’s not Kennett that has held the AFL back. It’s been our strong off-field position. Something he has been undermining.

He’s also been unable to get any meaningful concessions from the AFL.

Yet he continues to influence the place. Nankervill is his proxy.
Nankervil is a successful lawyer for over 25 years, I think he is his own man. Now everyone do your own research on the candidates, but voting someone because of Jeff isn’t a good reason if that person is probably the most qualified candidate for the job. What makes Gowers such a great candidate for leader? All I’m hearing in here is vote him because Jeff doesn’t want him. Is that really the right approach to making an informed decision. Now before everyone loses a head gasket, I’ve never met Nankervil and I’m not a Kennett fan either. I just see lots of Agendas in here, and hope everyone does their own research and not let BF influence their decision.

Nankervil is a successful lawyer for over 25 years, I think he is his own man. Now everyone do your own research on the candidates, but voting someone because of Jeff isn’t a good reason if that person is probably the most qualified candidate for the job. What makes Gowers such a great candidate for leader? All I’m hearing in here is vote him because Jeff doesn’t want him. Is that really the right approach to making an informed decision. Now before everyone loses a head gasket, I’ve never met Nankervil and I’m not a Kennett fan either. I just see lots of Agendas in here, and hope everyone does their own research and not let BF influence their decision.
Where is Nankervil? Doesn't sound like he is a strong leader if he needs someone else to spruik him.

Is he tough enough to stand up to the AFL, we all know the AFL like to control the clubs and we need a strong leader who’s going to fight tooth and nail for Hawthorn.

Where is Nankervil? Doesn't sound like he is a strong leader if he needs someone else to spruik him.

Is he tough enough to stand up to the AFL, we all know the AFL like to control the clubs and we need a strong leader who’s going to fight tooth and nail for Hawthorn.
This. He still can't shut Jeff up, even as he's walking out the door.

good post and fair points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back