News Hawthorn in the media 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don’t bring Barrett’s sliding doors rubbish here. That’s not the Hawthorn footy club in the media.

That’s a desperate article, trying to get clicks every week.

I was kinda concerned when I first started this video but the person upset being Don Scott really isn't anything to worry about. I don't know how to describe the guy but he beats to a very different drum.
I can only imagine him interrupting everyone and trying to dominate the discourse with irrelevant tangents. A lot of respect for him for what he’s done in the past but he’s a bit of fruitcake these days.

I can only imagine him interrupting everyone and trying to dominate the discourse with irrelevant tangents. A lot of respect for him for what he’s done in the past but he’s a bit of fruitcake these days.
Sadly old Don has been akin to slice of peanut brittle for about a decade now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is that Sam Mitchel's appearance on Footy Classified is due to pressure from the media and more importantly, from members and fans in general. We need to keep in mind that there is still a large chunk of people that wanted to keep Clarko so that is creating the extra pressure on the club. Going to be interesting to hear what Mitchell has to say but more importantly, how the team responds on Saturday. I don't think what is happening is a bad thing. But the team needs to respond.

My guess is that Sam Mitchel's appearance on Footy Classified is due to pressure from the media and more importantly, from members and fans in general. We need to keep in mind that there is still a large chunk of people that wanted to keep Clarko so that is creating the extra pressure on the club. Going to be interesting to hear what Mitchell has to say but more importantly, how the team responds on Saturday. I don't think what is happening is a bad thing. But the team needs to respond.

Damage control perhaps

I know it was a covid year but has Caro forgot about the Dees flag in 2021 ?
That was my first thought when I watched that clip.

I guess Caro would argue that the Neeld rebuild of 2012-13 - when he cut a number of their veterans - didn’t work, and it was Roos’ more measured approach in 2014-16 that ultimately delivered Goodwin his premiership-winning list.

But It’s really splitting hairs - I’d have to go back and check, but I seem to remember Roos making a lot of list changes in his first two off-seasons.

It’s also bit cheeky of Caro to criticise clubs for their lack of competitiveness, given her beloved Tigers won three flags largely off the back of being rubbish between 2007-11 (with a bit of a dead-cat bounce in 2008). Dusty and Cotchin were handy compensation for bottom-two finishes in 07 and 09.

Wouldn't be surprised if the interview was organised by the club.
No one at the club does media without it being agreed to By the club.
Whether they asked Sam on or Sam said Let me on is the question we won’t know the answer to, and I think Sam’s been quite approachable so it really may have been either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back