No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Cameron injured or has all the running gassed him? Team as a whole was a bit flat too. Could be that the Carlton game last week took its toll on them. Maybe the Scott game plan is too taxing. Will be interesting to see how they progress from here.

AFL looked after them with a soft fixture. Be surprised if they don't finish top 4.

yep, the Lions/Bears model is exactly what I'm thinking for North.

Start the Devils, and then merge North with them...whether they become the Roos, or stay Devils, I don't care.

19 teams doesn't mean any extra games, so it's worth nothing in TV rights to have 19 teams instead of 18, plus we get to witness the death of the Shinbeggars, which I think we all agree is a good thing.

* their eternal shitfulness

Shafted Fitzroy to make room for a team which has managed…..one flag? Mind you that’s more than freo, who seem to be aiming for Footscray hawthorn or north maiden droughts

AFL looked after them with a soft fixture. Be surprised if they don't finish top 4.

Still think Geelong is the best organised team and very disciplined and clean. And they punish the smallest mistakes. Scored several goals from small Demon mistakes. Counted 2 turnover goals just from Pickett's poor kicking in the forward line. On the other hand, I am curious to see whether they can sustain the fast movement up and down the ground over an entire season and the age factor is there where Hawkins is now looking more and more of a liability. Opposition can play through him if they have a good defender. He's like an old truck. Slow and a very big turning circle. Dangerfield is also a worry because he looked great last week with his energy and burst but blew up his hammy. So big question if he can play like that anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May and lever , the best defensive pairing in the comp. The Dee's feed off both and add gawn and you've got three excellent, smart tough players holding up their end week after week.
Petracca and Oliver go allright as well TBH.

If they only win one premiership with this core group of 5 players you'd have to say they underachieved as clubs only get 5 players of this quality once every 20 years.

yep, the Lions/Bears model is exactly what I'm thinking for North.

Start the Devils, and then merge North with them...whether they become the Roos, or stay Devils, I don't care.

19 teams doesn't mean any extra games, so it's worth nothing in TV rights to have 19 teams instead of 18, plus we get to witness the death of the Shinbeggars, which I think we all agree is a good thing.

* their eternal shitfulness

Not sure they could call them Kangaroos as the grey and red one that are on the mainland aren’t in Tassie.

Drafting is a breeze when you have so many academy players to fill in the holes. Only have one first rounder and need a tall and a mid, no worries just draft a tall and get the mid from your academy.
Fox - rookie, Amartey - rookie, McLean - SSP, Rampe - rookie, Papley - rookie, Lloyd - rookie, Melican - rookie.

See a pattern here?

They’re absolute recruiting geniuses and there are more rookie listed moneyball players in their side than academy players (inc. Heeney from way back 2014).

No else found these guys and wanted them did they?

Fox - rookie, Amartey - rookie, McLean - SSP, Rampe - rookie, Papley - rookie, Lloyd - rookie, Melican - rookie.

See a pattern here?

They’re absolute recruiting geniuses and there are more rookie listed moneyball players in their side than academy players (inc. Heeney from way back 2014).

It’s like hawks recruiting pre threepeat. Bigfooty whined endlessly that the expansion drafts had handicapped potential challengers, but such as hill smith Puopolo were available to most clubs

See a pattern here?

Take out just Heeney and Gulden and those guys are struggling to make the finals.

Take out just Heeney and Gulden and those guys are struggling to make the finals.

Gulden was free for you guys to bid on. You bid on Campbell and if straight after bidding on Campbell you bid on Gulden then Gulden would be in Brown and Gold right now. No one bid on him until something like pick 32.

Despite playing really well at an U18 level recruiters did not rate him due to his height.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back