Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - Preseason hit and giggle, Feb 17, Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Why didn't Tim Obrien play?

Can't see where he plays for us during the H&A

Amongst all the positives last night from from the contributions of the kids, I'm struggling to see Heatherley as anything but a Litherland type depth player. Crappy height for a key defender, being 193cm he needs to have a Marcus Adams build to really compete, he doesn't seem agile or quick enough to play on mid sizers either. Much prefer KB to hold the role Heatherley played last night, more important long term I think.

Can't see where he plays for us during the H&A

Amongst all the positives last night from from the contributions of the kids, I'm struggling to see Heatherley as anything but a Litherland type depth player. Crappy height for a key defender, being 193cm he needs to have a Marcus Adams build to really compete, he doesn't seem agile or quick enough to play on mid sizers either. Much prefer KB to hold the role Heatherley played last night, more important long term I think.

There is a spot for TOB in defence if he can step up

Vickery was impressive in the ruck from what I saw (had lots of connection problems). Palmed it straight down to our guys a lot but our mids didn't always take it cleanly. But that will come in time as both parties get used to each other.

The club membership subscription is a far better way to go than the AFL deal. Without checking it cost AUD179, and you count as a member, (non game) plus you get a kit, and the club gets a, I would think, small commission.
Can you watch if in aus?
Got a friend in wales I want to push footy (or rather hawthorn) onto

Could buy her a membership and use the watch afl myself :p

Burton's one shot on goal came after a mountain of running, he chased the ball all over the back half to man marks.

That said for such a great field kick his set shots still need some work.

He's got talent and plenty of tools to work with, when you see him sometimes it's hard to remember he missed about two years of footy and development over the last three years.

On TV I couldn't really work out who Gibbo and Stratts were playing on. Stratts looked more rusty than Gibbo to me but again on TV you can't see the full picture

I reckon you can tell by the way Burton moves and reads the play, he is special, similar to O'Meara. Thought Birch had put on a few extra kilos, so maybe he will spend some time in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as you asked...

McCarthy, Kolodjashnij and S Selwood along with Joel and Menzel missed tonight. Then we lost Guthrie in the 1st quarter and Henderson shortly thereafter.

Come on man don't name me fringe players with potential. JSelwood and Menzel are your best 22. SSelwood, Kolo and McCarthy are fringe players - talented perhaps, but ultimately fringe who will all be fighting for a spot.

Gunston, Bruest, Mitchell and Hodge are all walk up best 22. If we're naming fringe players then we were also missing Whitecross, Howe, O'Rourke and Brand.

Now you have a case when you say that Hendo and Guthrie were injuried early, but since there was 8 interchange it was much less impactful then before. We also had O'Meara on ice, and didn't play two players (Heatherley and Hardwick) until the last quarter after which Rioli was on ice.

Good hit out, we looked good in the first half against a strong cats line up, i think people forget who we were missing, Lewis,
Seeing as you asked...

McCarthy, Kolodjashnij and S Selwood along with Joel and Menzel missed tonight. Then we lost Guthrie in the 1st quarter and Henderson shortly thereafter.
lets not get silly mate!! it is preseason after all.

Outside of Joel Selwood and Menzel here and there, the rest are donuts.

I was on here to read about Kade Stewart and saw the question being asked so thought I'd point out the other players we missed that are considered best 22. McCarthy played 19 games last season (kicked 2 goals in our QF win), Kolodjashnij played 20 games and S Selwood played all 5 games after returning from injury including the two Finals. You don't have to rate them but they all have a role to play and are best 22.

Seeing as you asked...

Scott Selwood has been so influential for you guys. I'd suggest that McC and Kolo haven't done much to suggest they're more than 18-26 on your list.

Great hit out. Third quarter was a learning experience. Young ruck with young mids being schooled by Zac who is a quality ruckman and Dangerfield/Duncan.

Roughy just super for the bloke.

Tv was perfect, did his turn when needed, rucked and competed well creating a big presence. Will continue to improve.

Shoey was great tonight. Was just involved in the game and please just play him forward.

Poppy and Cyril hunted as a pack which was great watching. Scary for opposition defenders.

Looking at want will come into the team, wow is there some up side. Tom m with his inside game, Breust with his creative edge and hodge with just hodge.

We can say that the jom experience is well on track, really good defensive running patterns and the ability to break away from conjestion(hello Dangerfield but finishes better)

Very excited about the furrier of the Hawks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello Judd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back