Game Day Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 6.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fitting these two clubs meet in the week of the death of John Kennedy Snr. Should be a fierce battle.

PhatHQ in reference to your post on the preview thread regarding which Cegs turns up I believe that due to him having some good mates at North that he’ll want to be having a good game today. Pretty sure he’s tight with Ziebell and a few other so we all know what it’s like with mates in the competitive atmosphere. All he has to do is keep Goldstein honest IMO.

I have this tiny little niggling voice in the back of my head that's saying we're going to go good week, bad week, good week, bad week.......

(which means we'll probably beat the Giants next week).

I have this tiny little niggling voice in the back of my head that's saying we're going to go good week, bad week, good week, bad week.......

Exactly how I feel - hope I am wrong

The club just sent out an email asking those who have to display a Hawks scarf outside of their house as a tribute to John Kennedy Snr.

Given John’s contribution to Hawthorn and North Melbourne, it is a fitting opportunity to pay homage to an icon of our great game and both clubs.

As a way of paying respect to Kanga, we are asking you to put your Hawthorn scarf out today. Whether it’s hanging on your front door, your front fence or draped over your letter box, let’s come together to paint the streets in brown and gold, for a legend of both our club, and the game.

There will be a minute’s silence in honour of John prior to the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly how I feel - hope I am wrong
You would think with the events of this week that we will absolutely be ready to roll and put up a consistent strong performance. Kanga had a history with North but nowhere near the history he had with us, not even in the ballpark. Clarko will have us up and about I'm pretty confident in that. I reckon he knows we are a chance this year if we fire consistently.

Our win over the tigers doesn’t look as good as it may have last Thursday.

north will be a much tougher opponent than the tigers were

Our win over the tigers doesn’t look as good as it may have last Thursday.

north will be a much tougher opponent than the tigers were
Our win against Brisbane is stacking up OK. They look like a good side again. Saints didn't make the tigers look as 2nd rate as we did for 3 qtrs. Tigers were in the game till the last qtr.

Considering North have gone small up fwd and you guys have named Frost at FF, do you think he'll actually play there?
Frosty isn’t slow. I reckon he’d play well on smalls. Scrimshaw, Hardwick and Strats can also play on smalls. I actually think our defence is a strength this year - putting aside their shittiness against Cats.

Our win against Brisbane is stacking up OK. They look like a good side again. Saints didn't make the tigers look as 2nd rate as we did for 3 qtrs. Tigers were in the game till the last qtr.
Agree

but is norths win over GWS “better” than either of our wins

need to be on our game today

The club just sent out an email asking those who have to display a Hawks scarf outside of their house as a tribute to John Kennedy Snr.
Surely every Hawks fan makes it there duty to put their scarf outside their house today. If you don’t have a scarf then put out any kind of Hawk memorabilia in remembrance of the godfather of Hawthorn. The boys are also wearing the JK Snr special edition jersey’s today too which is a fitting tribute. I hope each and everyone take the great mans words of his speech onboard today which I’m sure they all will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back