Opinion Hawthorn's next captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who hasn't watched this game really should ...

Its unbelievable ...

I don't say this lightly but other than the 2007 elimination final and the 2008 Grand Final I haven't seen a game from us that compares since then.

Amazing it was just a home and away game ...
Still can't believe we didn't make the GF that year. I remember even giving Collingwood a spanking by 80 odd points in rd 20 only to see them win the GF. what the hell happened??

I see Smith added to the leadership group of Hodge, Lewis, Roughead, Mitchell and Gibson.

Interesting no Shiels considering popular opinion has him as a potential successor to Hodgey.
You could see Smith stepping up last year, they got him to captain a game in the preseason and the end of year photos showed him in the leadership group meetings pre grand final.

Add to that how he has stepped up during games and his media profile on the hawks website and I'm not at all surprised. I am interested to hear who is in the emerging leaders program that Smith was in last year.

I would expect Gunston and Shiels to be in there but who knows

Was always going to retain the capt.
The main parties driving a change were from the media in general & once again the Hawks hierarchy put those baboons in their rightful place!
Go Hawks 2016.

You could see Smith stepping up last year, they got him to captain a game in the preseason and the end of year photos showed him in the leadership group meetings pre grand final.

Add to that how he has stepped up during games and his media profile on the hawks website and I'm not at all surprised. I am interested to hear who is in the emerging leaders program that Smith was in last year.

I would expect Gunston and Shiels to be in there but who knows

Yeah defo agree with Smith. My interest was more in Shiels not having been elevated yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't have the best year this year (two suspensions and a drink-driving charge), and he'll want to make up for it next year. Should we make the GF again, a third Norm Smith medal could be on the cards...

Didn't have the best year this year (two suspensions and a drink-driving charge), and he'll want to make up for it next year. Should we make the GF again, a third Norm Smith medal could be on the cards...

His performance on field was fantastic in 2015.

hodgey is the best man, and the only man for the job of getting us to get a crack at the fourpeat- the guy's an absolute legend of the club and by far the best captain in the AFL. Bob Murphy would be a tad embarrassed at being voted the AFLPA's best.

All hail the great man!

I think he more than has the runs on the board and needs to make up for nothing. What he is, is a captain that is fallible who asks nothing of anyone that he isn't prepared to do himself and who will go to battle for you should the need arise.

They don't come better than that

Congrats to Hodgey. I think after several on and off field incidents last year he will def pull his head in next year. Likely last year as Captain and hopefully bring us home the fourpeat!
If he brings home the fourpeat then it most likely won't be his last year as captain.

hodgey is the best man, and the only man for the job of getting us to get a crack at the fourpeat- the guy's an absolute legend of the club and by far the best captain in the AFL. Bob Murphy would be a tad embarrassed at being voted the AFLPA's best.

All hail the great man!

Murphy is a top bloke and footballer.....but based on achievements....he is in Hodgeys shadow and I reckon he would admit it.
Murphy was possibly voted in due to salty jealousy with Hawthorn winning all the time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back