Help a BigFooty Legend - Bring Mobbenfuhrer home.

Remove this Banner Ad

I will update the Mobb-O-Meter at the end of the OP, but I think there is about $US700 through PayPal already, and tomorrow Mobbs can check his credit union account and give us an update on the total.

It is amazing - we've had people emailing saying that they've lost their job but are still willing to put in some money.

What a fantastic bunch of people. :thumbsu:

I can report $740 into paypal (incl. $20 from someone who'd already sent me money a week ago when the crisis was first mentioned). Bank account deposits won't show up until tomorrow.

I haven't been able to keep up with the numbers pledged but its probably about $1200 to $1400 !!!! Just incredible.

I'm really sorry but I don't really have any money to give at the moment. Your story really touched me and I wish you and your wife a safe trip home when you finally get there, and a speedy recovery to your wife.

All the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opening bank account soon, will chuck in a $20 if I can.

Details needed...

I choose donating than getting a Gold Membership. :eek:

There are 66K registered members on BigFooty so why not get each member to donate $1 to the Mobb fund, that would raise $66K which should help them out for a while. It could all be done via a direct deposit seeing as most people do internet banking these days.

Instead of slugging a few people for big amounts, spread the love and make it so that everyone can have a piece of the action.

Anyone can donate as much as they like. Chuck in $1 if you like :):thumbsu:

You're missing the point here Chief.

Ask everyone on the site to throw in a buck and watch the total escalate.

There are a stack of people who have mentioned that they can't afford to toss in because of their own circumstances but I'm sure they could scrape up a dollar if they really had to.

Make it a $2 donation if you like, 1 for the bushfire appeal and 1 for Mobb.

I'm sure that every member on the site would be only too happy to help out a fellow footy follower given the desperate situation he has found himself in.

Send out another email or bulk PM with the bank account details and ask for just the one dollar from everyone, explain the seriousness of the circumstances and I'm pretty sure a high percentage will respond.

Even if only half of the membership tip in, it'll still be $30K which should go a fair way with travel & medical bills.

Don't forget to set a visual target for everyone to aim for, if they can see it all adding up then there is a real sense of achievement there too.

Where in the U.S. did they end up going?

(b.t.w. sending out that e-mail worked, I stopped frequenting BF about 2 years ago and I'm considering ways to help out...so Shiek, I think it's either way :) )

You're missing the point here Chief.

Ask everyone on the site to throw in a buck and watch the total escalate.

There are a stack of people who have mentioned that they can't afford to toss in because of their own circumstances but I'm sure they could scrape up a dollar if they really had to.

Make it a $2 donation if you like, 1 for the bushfire appeal and 1 for Mobb.

I'm sure that every member on the site would be only too happy to help out a fellow footy follower given the desperate situation he has found himself in.

Send out another email or bulk PM with the bank account details and ask for just the one dollar from everyone, explain the seriousness of the circumstances and I'm pretty sure a high percentage will respond.

Even if only half of the membership tip in, it'll still be $30K which should go a fair way with travel & medical bills.

Don't forget to set a visual target for everyone to aim for, if they can see it all adding up then there is a real sense of achievement there too.
Theres nowhere near 30k Active members I'm guessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back