Injury HFC Injury watch 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injury watch 2022 👀

“With the start of the season edging closer, Will Day and Changkuoth Jiath have made some positive steps forward off the back of their injuries.

Meanwhile, stars Jack Gunston and James Sicily are set to make their return to game play after long stints on the sidelines due to injury.”

Day back into skills, Impey running, Wingard to play some minutes next week.

Really hope Day doesn't become one of those constantly injured guys. Early days I know but the ceiling is so high with this guy we need to get the continuity happening.

all i can say is better to take it slow and get it right now than when we're going for four in a row in 2026

Seems like a small list for this time of year, and a fair few ankles in there. Hopefully other than Day they are all relatively minor.

Not seeing Gunston (Back) - TBC... is a sight for sore eyes.
Seeing him out there on the track and the way that he’s attacking the ball, even better.

Any news how Will Day is going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a great pre season in terms of recovery. Impey, Day, Jiath all been out for ages.

Bramble just bad luck

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lucky they ain't EPL players that only have 3 months off season, 7 months off season and we still couldn't get them right for the new campaign.

Not a great pre season in terms of recovery. Impey, Day, Jiath all been out for ages.

Bramble just bad luck

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I honestly anticipated that they'd all be cherry ripe for Round One. If these injuries occurred early on in the season, all three probably wouldn't have returned at all. Startling really!

Good luck Lachlan, here's hoping your recovery is a little less troublesome.

Wtf happened with our physio and recovery team, seems they definitely dropped the ball in the off season. Or the injuries were much, much worse than what we’ve been told

I was curious, so I confirmed the following dates:

Impey injured his ankle at training on 24 June 2021.

Day re-injured his ankle against GWS in R15 on 27 June 2021.

CJ did his PCL against Fremantle in R17 on 10 July 2021.

I'm not qualified, so I don't know if their recovery is consistent with their injuries, but from memory the rhetoric from the club was they were put on ice for the 2022 pre-season. And here we are!

Last edited:
I honestly anticipated that they'd all be cherry ripe for Round One. If these injuries occurred early on in the season, all three probably wouldn't have returned at all. Startling really!

Good luck Lachlan, here's hoping your recovery is a little less troublesome.

Was told a few weeks back Day would be more likely round 4-6 with everything going ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back