Rumour Hibberd to Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs are not going to rate draft picks (especially second rounders) differently year to year, that's crazy talk.

Of course they do. The value of a pick changes year to year based on how strong the pool is and now as well as that with academy kids as well. Pick 25 this year SHOULD be better than 25 last year

Apparently his old man commented 'he isn't going anywhere' on an Essendon supporter group status.

Would like him at Melbourne but if he doesn't come I'm not going to be upset.
Yeah, the comment was legit and the profile it came from had some of the Essendon boys added. Comment was removed shortly after for whatever reason. Still not reading too much into it though

Feel free to go dig up the audio, ABC Grandstand, Sunday around 1.20pm. Came straight out of Brent Stanton's managers mouth, but what would he know... Stated that the ability to use the WorkSafe findings as a clause to launch proceedings to break contracts and become DFA had a timeframe which has since passed, making it no longer possible.

Rubbish. A former EFC player and current manager of another EFC player who has committed to the club has no vested interest :rolleyes:

We've seen how well EFC personnel, player managers etc have interpreted things in the past, lets just wait and see how it plays out before making definitive statements about what can and can't be done hey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. A former EFC player and current manager of another EFC player who has committed to the club has no vested interest :rolleyes:

We've seen how well EFC personnel, player managers etc have interpreted things in the past, lets just wait and see how it plays out before making definitive statements about what can and can't be done hey.
LOL.

For starters you're a bit late, secondly Stanton hasn't recommitted at all. The guy is a manager first and foremost, the vested interest is to making his client and company money, taking away any form of leverage such as the WorkSafe finding is going to reduce potential earnings. How about you go have a listen and report back what was actually said first before talking s**t.

am I just being naive in thinking that if he wanted to muddy the waters he wouldn't have quickly taken it down when it was pointed out it wasn't exactly helping his son's negotiating position; rather he would have left it up there?

Not sure how media and social-media savvy old Mr Clams is but I'm guessing from his feed not hugely so...

am I just being naive in thinking that if he wanted to muddy the waters he wouldn't have quickly taken it down when it was pointed out it wasn't exactly helping his son's negotiating position; rather he would have left it up there?

Not sure how media and social-media savvy old Mr Clams is but I'm guessing from his feed not hugely so...

His dad would be posting on pure emotion, so I'd be tempted to believe him rather than the posturing and wrangling from other parties angling for a bigger contract etc.

Parents and social media rarely go well together

His dad would be posting on pure emotion, so I'd be tempted to believe him rather than the posturing and wrangling from other parties angling for a bigger contract etc.

Parents and social media rarely go well together
exactly. He's hardly part of a sophisticated disinformation program.

Not to mention it seems it was actually posted on a private facebook group, but made public by the likes of Scooter - shitting on the naive actions of a well-meaning parent to further their own self-promoting sit tight be confident agendas. Pah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back