How do you see your fellow supporter base?

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I find it hard to relate to fellow Essendon supporters anymore including family. Every umpiring decision is because 'the AFL still have it in for us' and there is so much whining online, especially twitter. I used to enjoy tweeting with others about the matches, but recently just cleared out more than half of who I followed because I was sick of their crap. Then there is a member that I have been unfortunate enough to have had to sit next to at Marvel home games for 5+ years now. Only ever berates the team by saying the same 5 lines over and over again, yet when the teams performs well and wins, nothing from him. Everyone in our area has a go at him and tells him to stop every week, but he supplies the same crap week in and week out.

I see the logic of the umpires (well most of the time anyway) and do not hold a grudge against the AFL for the sanctions made years ago. That was in the past, I've let it go, I just wish other supporters would as well and just move on.

Being honest I don't interact with many Freo fans on here anymore...spent too much time in the trenches arguing years ago.

Honestly, I interact with a lot on Facebook and there are some that are genuinely good people, who actually have an understanding of reality.

Sadly there are others who are too busy proclaiming themselves as "True Supporters" and if you criticise the club, you're not a true supporter. Those people are more than happy to tolerate mediocrity and really, I spend most of my time shaking my head at the stupidity of that particular argument.

x 1000. Too many softcocks. Should have demanded Rtb was sacked last year.

Hawthorn fans are frustrating in that a lot definitely are bandwagoners (imagine that) and that they refuse to come to grips with our recent form or temper expectations based on where we're at as a club.

I've seen too many insults directed towards Luke Breust recently to believe that many of them actually know anything about AFL football.

Hawthorn fans are frustrating in that a lot definitely are bandwagoners (imagine that) and that they refuse to come to grips with our recent form or temper expectations based on where we're at as a club.

I've seen too many insults directed towards Luke Breust recently to believe that many of them actually know anything about AFL football.

the game day threads this year have been alarming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cynical.

Where I sit there's a real interesting mix of funny people and a couple of people who are absolute nuffies.

Every club has got nuffies and Fremantle is no exception. Most I've met though are relatively good though, shame the people i usually sit near at games can't follow this example though

Gone from dreaming to hungry. There are no longer any cultural/mental barriers; hurry up and do it again!

Jokes aside, WC has a very polarised base.

Some are great, lots are awful. All very passionate at games and go hard in defence of the club, which from just a sports perspective is great.

Pretty fair assessment.

The WC supporter base is basically half of Perth. And I don't mean half of the people in Perth who follow footy, I mean half of the entire city. It's massive and varies from 85 year old grannies with knitting needles who think it's PC gone mad that they can't call NicNat 'that n-word with the funny hair', to real estate developers and wealth portfolio managers from Nedlands to flanno wearing bogans who drive up from Bunbury every other week and drink a carton of Bundy on the way. It's probably the most diverse supporter base in the comp, while also being from WA so also not very diverse at all... :)

I do get a giggle out of how our supporter base is portrayed on here and in the media. We are simultaneously old grannies and theatregoing, white collar, chardonnay sippers who leave at 3/4 time and also responsible for the most intimidating atmosphere in world sport. Chris Scott wouldn't take his kids to Subiaco Oval (now Perth Stadium), too scary. What, you think Doris is going to put down the half finished dog footy jumper and launch a knitting needle at you like the Knight King in Game of Thrones?

I'm from the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. Our supporters are either old or really attractive women I've found. Then there's me, who's neither old, nor an attractive woman, so that debunks that theory..

Has it’s Ferals like all clubs do. It definitely doesn’t live up to the negative generalisations though. A good majority that post on here have a high footy IQ and make solid contributions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back