I was pushed out of Collingwood: Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Former Collingwood player and premiership star Heath Shaw has opened up on how he was forced out of Collingwood. He says that certain people made sure that he was pushed out. He also opened up on his dislike of Nathan Buckley, saying that he wouldn't even answer the phone if Bucks called him. He added that there were other individuals at Collingwood that he also wanted nothing to do with.

What do you think? Was Shaw forced from Collingwood? Was he the problem, or was Buckley?

Full article here:https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...y/news-story/bc3972b6e253280345f94048277cee94
Sounds like the best move Buckley ever made.

Buckley by his own admission is a more relaxed coach has learnt alot about coaching individuals in saying that he still wouldn't have put up with Shaw Beams and Daisy.

They were Micks boys and treated him with a fair bit of disrespect.

That's not really a variable component of the equation though. Shaw proved unwilling to adapt, and it was entirely on him to do so. When you get a new manager they are calling the shots and you adapt to them, not the other way round.
None of this makes it win, and it's Steinway street between the manager and the players. To say it's totally up the players to adapt is simply untrue, it's the managers job to get the best of out of the talent available, he has to adapt to players around him as well.

None of this makes it win, and it's Steinway street between the manager and the players. To say it's totally up the players to adapt is simply untrue, it's the managers job to get the best of out of the talent available, he has to adapt to players around him as well.

I edited my post to reflect a slight softening of my stance in that respect. I personally think it would have been weak for Buckley to go against his values and give carte blanche to the bad boys just because they're talented. Taking a long term view I'm glad he stood by his belief, players come and go and as valuable as their contributions were in 2010 I don't particularly miss Thomas, Beams or Shaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing new here. He wouldn't be the first player who doesn't like Buckley and I am sure he won't be the last. Some players just do not make great coaches unfortunately, and we cannot really know until they try. Blessing in disguise for Shaw.

Former Collingwood player and premiership star Heath Shaw has opened up on how he was forced out of Collingwood. He says that certain people made sure that he was pushed out. He also opened up on his dislike of Nathan Buckley, saying that he wouldn't even answer the phone if Bucks called him. He added that there were other individuals at Collingwood that he also wanted nothing to do with.

What do you think? Was Shaw forced from Collingwood? Was he the problem, or was Buckley?

Full article here:https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...y/news-story/bc3972b6e253280345f94048277cee94

No. While Shaw is perhaps a difficult individual, Redpath is a tosser.

It’s amazing. It’s like you see red white and blue and just get mad.

How do you know redpath is a tosser? Or did you just throw out a random Bulldog name?

It’s amazing. It’s like you see red white and blue and just get mad.

How do you know redpath is a tosser? Or did you just throw out a random Bulldog name?
See me post and you just have to respond and claim I'm obsessed. You just cant get your head around it eh?

See me post and you just have to respond and claim I'm obsessed. You just cant get your head around it eh?

For once in your life have some accountability.

Did you just see a bulldogs poster say something and pick a random bulldogs player?

Seriously give it a go and try to respond to a question without being a dick

For once in your life have some accountability.

Did you just see a bulldogs poster say something and pick a random bulldogs player?

Seriously give it a go and try to respond to a question without being a dick
Me have some some accountability? LOL!

It's almost worth the stalking for laughs like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back