Prediction If 1 "Fog" is the standard currency, what would be the exchange rate for...?

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
With all the talk about the supposed Super Draft this year, and particularly with the richness of our local SA talent, there has never been a time that Crows fans have gotten this excited about the upcoming Draft period! So here's an interesting point of discussion:

Fogarty is a local SA boy, who has been given a good serving of games due to our ridiculous injury toll this year. With the chances he has been given, we've got to see his talents and his potential in those few games on display. Say if he were to be in this year's Draft pool, what pick would be positioned at?

With the talk of Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee etc., how do they compare with Fog in terms of talents and potential? How much impact would they provide in their first year of AFL if they were to play next year?

So let's say Fogarty = 1 Fog, in your opinion, what would the potential draftees this year be equivalent to?

For example:
Lukosius = 1.25 Fog?
Rankine = 0.98 Fog?

Last edited:
It’s hard to say because Fogarty’s draft year was quite poor for his ability. Those others you mentioned had much better draft years than him.
But if you look at his underage year and entering into his draft year he was a contender for pick 1.

Why is this a new thread?
Simple answer: why not?

Complex answer: I genuinely am interested of knowing how good those SA kids are. I don't have the time to track any of them, and reading comments on the other draftee thread gives me no extra idea how good these kids really are. Fog is a very good barometer of comparison to the potential picks. Hoping some serious answers can come out of it. *fingers cross*

Simple answer: why not?

Complex answer: I genuinely am interested of knowing how good those SA kids are. I don't have the time to track any of them, and reading comments on the other draftee thread gives me no extra idea how good these kids really are. Fog is a very good barometer of comparison to the potential picks. Hoping some serious answers can come out of it. *fingers cross*
Mookay is 0 fog, that’s clear as day.
I trade in Zimbabwean mookays where I am a millionaire....
400 is the minimum note in Mookays
Not looking good so far

It’s hard to say because Fogarty’s draft year was quite poor for his ability. Those others you mentioned had much better draft years than him.
But if you look at his underage year and entering into his draft year he was a contender for pick 1.
So fog tanked to stay in Adelaide?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So fog tanked to stay in Adelaide?
I think Fog was hindered from a knee injury. Because of that, he went down the pecking order in the draft. Thank goodness for us!

The question really, who can make a bigger and better impact than Fog in their first year next year?

Because it adds a unique perspective on a question.
Agreed

Luko. 1.3 Fog
Rankine. 1.1 Fog
Rozee. 1 Fog
Hateley. .8 of a Fog

For comparative reasons looking back through the Fog

Malcolm Blight. 1.6 Fog
S Kernahan. 1.5. Fog
A Modra. 1.5. Fog
A McLeod. 1.7. Fog
L Angwin
C Groom
J Meeson. .002 Fog combined

Agreed

Luko. 1.3 Fog
Rankine. 1.1 Fog
Rozee. 1 Fog
Hateley. .8 of a Fog

Malcolm Blight. 1.6 Fog
S Kernahan. 1.5. Fog
A Modra. 1.5. Fog
A McLeod. 1.7. Fog
L Angwin
C Groom
Awesome! You win the prize for best (serious) response thus far!

Here's a compilation clip of 1 Fog:

GGG played 1 game in his 1st year v Brisbane
And Fog made a much earlier impact than the Gooch even at the preseason trial games, we got to see his marking and kicking ability. And then against Richmond we got to see his strength man-handling the bigger Richmond boys. If the Fog can improve like the Gooch did this year, it's going to be very exciting!

Impossible to grade this with any accuracy. Check back after they've all played five seasons, wherever it is they play them.
Mate, it kind of defeats the purpose of a prediction thread if we have to wait for 5 seasons to then...make a "prediction"! :D

Agreed

Luko. 1.3 Fog
Rankine. 1.1 Fog
Rozee. 1 Fog
Hateley. .8 of a Fog

Malcolm Blight. 1.6 Fog
S Kernahan. 1.5. Fog
A Modra. 1.5. Fog
A McLeod. 1.7. Fog
L Angwin
C Groom

Here's my relative ranking from what I've seen so far from footages and also some SANFL games (including the GF).

(prediction regarding how many possible games to play and possible impact as a first/second year player):
Luko 1.2 Fog
Rankine 1.1 Fog
Rozee 0.95 Fog
Hateley 0.85 Fog
Woodcock 0.75 Fog

And I hope Fog in 2018 = 1.2 Fog 2019, can't wait to see him show us those new toned-down thighs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back