Remove this Banner Ad

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If you could choose one player from any other team at no cost at all who would you choose and why ?

Adelaide: Daniel Talia
Brisbane: Eric Hipwood
Carlton: Charlie Curnow
Collingwood: Brodie Grundy
Essendon: Joe Daniher
Fremantle: Jesse Hogan
Geelong: Mitch Duncan
Gold Coast: Izak Rankine
GWS: Josh Kelly
Hawthorn: Isaac Smith
Melbourne: Tom McDonald
North Melbourne: Ben Brown
Port Adelaide: Dougal Howard
Richmond: Tom Lynch
St Kilda: Jade Gresham
Sydney: Isaac Heeney
West Coast: Jeremy McGovern

If I had to choose it would be Charlie Curnow from Carlton, perfect for the Bulldogs very mobile and
very versatile, a very now player with plenty of football ahead of him.

Every team needs different things based on where they are it in list build terms as well as which
players are getting close to the end. If you could add one to your list who would it be and why ?

All of them?

Josh Kelly would be awesome, but I think I'd go for the mobile ruckman in Grundy as a Kreuzer replacement.

We can always find more midfielders.

Last edited:

I don't think we need too much going forward, I'd take a few in areas of need for when we start winning flags again so I'd go reasonably young.

Running backman- Adam Saad.
Tall forward to help Hipwood out- Charlie Curnow.
More midfield strength- Clayton Oliver, Josh Kelly.
X factor- Izak Rankine.

Every team needs different things based on where they are it in list build terms as well as which
players are getting close to the end. If you could add one to your list who would it be and why ?

Milera
Rayner
Grundy
Merrett
Lobb
T.Kelly
Rankine
J.Kelly
Wingard
Gawn
Polec
Wines
Rioli
Gresham
Heeney
Yeo
Bontempelli

Have to be Jeremy McGovern. Backs aren't our biggest need but he's just too good not to.

In fact I'd gift Sam Taylor back to back to them. A WA junior who would deserve better than to play NEAFL hoping for injuries.

Ben Brown, to replace an illustrious but aging Rough
Edit: or McGovern, didn’t see his name tucked away on the end there.

If i could take 1 player from another club it would be:

Sydney: Isaac Heeney.

If i could take 1 player from every team to make a super team:

Adelaide: Laird
Brisbane: Andrews
Carlton: Cripps
Collingwood: Grundy
Essendon: Merrett
Fremantle: Fyfe
Geelong: Dangerfield
Gold Coast: L.Weller
GWS: Coniglio
Melbourne: N.Jetta
North Melbourne: B.Brown
Port Adelaide: R.Gray
Richmond: J.Riewoldt
St Kilda: Gresham
Sydney: Heeney
West Coast: McGovern
Western Bulldogs: Macrae

Team:
FB: N.Jetta, Andrews, Stratton
HB: L.Weller, McGovern, Laird
C: Macrae, T.Mitchell, Smith
HF: Gunston, J.Riewoldt, Heeney
FF: Breust, B.Brown, Gresham
Foll: Grundy, Dangerfield, Fyfe
Int: Cripps, Coniglio, R.Gray, Merrett

Hawthorn: T.Mitchell, Gunston, Breust, Stratton, Smith

I don't think we need too much going forward, I'd take a few in areas of need for when we start winning flags again so I'd go reasonably young.

Running backman- Adam Saad.
Tall forward to help Hipwood out- Charlie Curnow.
More midfield strength- Clayton Oliver, Josh Kelly.
X factor- Izak Rankine.
You seem to get a lot of value out of one player.

1- joe daniher (long term JK replacement, who I would say only has 40-50 afl games left in him)
2- ben brown (again long term term replacment for JK and added ruck depth, below daniher in pecking order only because he is two years older)
3- patrick cripps (young elite midfielder who still has almost another decade of afl footy ahead of him, plus is a local lad)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd think about De Goey or Toby Greene, that super dangerous marking mid sized forward would really complement Melbourne's forward line and take them to another level. Would have to think about Charlie Curnow, not sure much as a key forward but used as a goal kicker and utility, I'd have him half back, wing, on ball, in the ruck, really complete freedom to play where needed.

I'd also be keen on Bont, still think he's the classiest mid in the league who does the most damage when on.

At the end of the day I might go boring and just take Rance. Along with Steve May the Demons would then likely have 2 absolute wrecking balls who can control a backline. Add in Lever, Hibberd, Jetta, Salem, win a share of the footy in the midfield and provide good pressure across the ground and you'd only have to score 65 or so to win most games.

Ben Brown, to replace an illustrious but aging Rough
Edit: or McGovern, didn’t see his name tucked away on the end there.
Any player in the competition not just from my list of who I would take from every club, although your logic of Ben Brown
for Roughy is hard to argue with. If I was picking for Hawthorn I would go Harris Andrews from Brisbane, but there is no
right or wrong answer. Maybe with Tom Mitchell going down a high volume mid would be good short term.

Cripps I think. Just a gun.
I worry about Cripps as he is so big at 195 cm, plus Clayton Oliver is pretty handy already. Melbourne is one
of the harder teams to pick for not a lot of obvious holes to fill. A gun young KPF would be good like Carlton's
Charlie Curnow, you could play Weideman, McDonald and Curnow in the same forward group easily.

I worry about Cripps as he is so big at 195 cm, plus Clayton Oliver is pretty handy already. Melbourne is one
of the harder teams to pick for not a lot of obvious holes to fill. A gun young KPF would be good like Carlton's
Charlie Curnow, you could play Weideman, McDonald and Curnow in the same forward group easily.
Any team in the comp would clear a space for Cripps. Him added to our current midfield is mind boggling

Adelaide: Betts
Brisbane: McCluggage
Carlton: Cripps
Collingwood: De Gory
Fremantle: Fyfe
Geelong: Dangerfield
Gold Coast: Martin
GWS: Kelly
Melbourne: Gown
North Melbourne: Brown
Port Adelaide: Gray
Richmond: Riewoldt