Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Il Buono:
Danger :eek: - not much needs to be said
Thommo - Another week, another brilliant performance
Sloane - machine
Tex - Career best 6 goals should do wonders for his confidence
Sauce - One of our best trades ever and got him for almost nothing :thumbsu:
Responding in the last quarter when challenged like the Dogs game (we would've rolled over and got smashed if Craig was still there much like the first showdown last year)
Wright - Consistent 4 quarter effort
Atmosphere - Our fans were really getting into it, great to see

Il Brutto:
3rd quarter
Defence - Three years ago we had one of the strongest defensive units, we now have one of the weakest, we really miss Bock
Mackay - Just plodding along at the moment, maybe a spell at South?

Il Cattivo:
Crows fans booing Schulz - very poor form:thumbsdown:
Tex's knees into Surjan - suspension looms:(
Some soft free kicks paid to Port int marking contests and in the ruck

???
Noticed a few of our players getting cramp in the last quarter. I know it was a tough game and a Showdown and all... but cramp in Round 5?

What does that say about our workrate in the season thus far? Perhaps a a result of playing some low-ranked teams but clearly the heat just hasn't been in the contest in our previous games.

???
Noticed a few of our players getting cramp in the last quarter. I know it was a tough game and a Showdown and all... but cramp in Round 5?

What does that say about our workrate in the season thus far? Perhaps a a result of playing some low-ranked teams but clearly the heat just hasn't been in the contest in our previous games.

I dunno but Dangerfield went missing for a little while in the third quarter, and Port were suddenly on the road back. Danger hit some packs, got some clearances and we romped home from there.

Definitely think we're still having trouble running out matches with our somewhat unique schedule. Our 'down time' didn't last nearly as long as the Dogs game though, so that's an improvement.

Sergio Leone??

Il Goodo

Danger...... lived up to his name, showed us the wisdom of Mathew Rendell.
Jacobs.......He truly is amazing in his ruckwork and general play.
Pets......... His best game by far but needs to keep this up next week.
Tex ..........I tipped he would kick 7 so wasn't far off. I wish he would take more shots from outside 50 instead of passing off. but a great game tonight.
Smack......Also best game by far in the ruck and two big marks on the wing when needed.
Wright......He brings some sorely needed composure to the 22. Must stay in.
Rory and Stiffy...The young and the "aging" played crucial roles.

Il Bado

Our third quarter.
Ottens disastrous first quarter, surely he is now on borrowed time.
Tex's imminent holiday.... according to Gerrard.
The withdrawal of Shaw
The inclusion of Otten!

Il uglyo

That holding the ball decision against Danger.....a bloody disgrace.
Too many diving port players looking for cheap 50s. I think this is why Schultz was jeered off the ground.
Anything less than tonight's performance in the next 5 weeks could become very "Cattivo"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back