Who will win?

• India

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t see all of the match, but I’m finding it hard to think of a better all round performance by an Australian one day team in the 45+ years I’ve been watching the game. And to do it in India is truly amazing.

Is there not a place for Mitch Marsh in our test batting line up again?
Purely Trav Head injury cover as of now

He has had a limited go at redball over the past couple of years but what he has done is play that Trav Head role pretty nicely a few times (couple weeks ago for WA and against the Lions for Aus A)

Just doesn't play enough red ball to scream pick me tbh

Exactly, if they both fall early we have Labs/Smith to steady the ship.

Starting to look really balanced with Maxwell at 5, Green at 6, Carey/Inglis at 7 and then 4 bowlers or Stoinis + 3 …

Just can’t for the life of me see how Warner gets back in the lineup. You couldn’t drop Labs for him.
I don't think Labs should be in the team at all.
Only need one anchor type and that's Smith.

yeah settle down folks. MMarsh can pop down to number 4 no problem. There's no reason to break up Head/Warner. Warner's recent OD form is perfectly acceptable. There's huge holes to fill in the middle order for MMarsh to step into, not the top 3.
Warner's form might be acceptable (just), whereas Marsh's forum is exceptional.

No way should Head and Marsh be separated IMO.
You need them taking advantage of the first 10.

We need Marsh batting when the fielding restrictions are in place. I really like the combo with Head, only takes one of them to hang around and we'll post big scores. Wouldn't mind seeing Green at 4 instead of Lab

Yep, no room for Labuschagne in the side, take him to the World Cup but only plays if the Anchor ie Smith is out injured.

Out- Labu

In- Warner

I'd keep Warner and Head. Bat Marsh at 3, Smith at 4 and not play Marnus. England have Root as their anchor. We don't need 2.
I'm fine with no Marnus but England likely have 2 anchors in their best side atm. Malan and Root. They've been playing James Vince in Roots role while Root rests from the side and he'd be an anchor type too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fine with no Marnus but England likely have 2 anchors in their best side atm. Malan and Root. They've been playing James Vince in Roots role while Root rests from the side and he'd be an anchor type too.

Warner can double as that Anchor role. Warner now isn't the Warner of a few years back, he's more safe.

The positive is we have options. I personally feel Labs for Warner and play last nights side as our best X1. Many may disagree, it's between Abbott and Stoinis, but I'd rather the genuine quick.

I was literally in hysterics during most of our innings, laughing like a veritable hyena.

At one stage the last 15 balls read something like: 0,6,4,4,0,0,1,6,0,4,4,4,4,0,1,6,0.

I cant recall a more dominant game in recent memory. It was even more comprehensive than when we rolled the Kiwis in the WC final a few years back.

Speaking of players who can Anchor, Green and Inglis can both do that. Smith does it and has but isn’t one dimensional nal.

we will still pick them and back them to fire. seems to be the way, can't make the tough choices.
Dropping maxwell wouldn't be making the tough choices, it'd be making the stupid choices, the guy averaged 40 against India at a 130 strike rate in ODI's before this tour. Stoinis not so much.

I was literally in hysterics during most of our innings, laughing like a veritable hyena.

At one stage the last 15 balls read something like: 0,6,4,4,0,0,1,6,0,4,4,4,4,0,1,6,0.

I cant recall a more dominant game in recent memory. It was even more comprehensive than when we rolled the Kiwis in the WC final a few years back.
This is why it is so annoying touring these minnow countries like India and England.

Across 7 matches he averages 45 with the bat and 24 with the ball against England. IN England he has 15 test wickets at 15.66. He should definitely be kept on a shelf and pulled out when we pay them a visit.

Why doesn't Aust just use Starc for white ball only....if he is having an off day, we only have to see 4 - 10 overs of it....his swing and menace only last for a small window in red ball cricket....rest of the time he leaks runs....time for Aust test cricket to look elsewhere....Spencer Johnson....younger version of left arm fast.

Back