India vs Australia 3rd Test: 16 to 20 March at Ranchi at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why he is unfairly maligned. He is manifestly inconsistent. At 34 he's had a pedestrian first class career so his test figures don't lie.

If they serve up another road, Ussie deserves a go. He was dropped because of the his struggles in Asia, but Marsh has mainly failed. Who says Ussie could not have made runs on this featherbed? He might have played some shots too.

He is unfairly maligned because so many people at the moment lump the Marsh brothers together rather than recognising that since 2014, Shaun has been a good player and even if not best XI belongs in touring squads.

Surely we must be into the last hour?

Stoked that we've survived for this long without losing another wicket TBH.

Bring Stoinis in for Warner and move Marsh up to open

Marsh, Renshaw, Smith, Handscomb, Stoinis, Maxwell, Wade, Cummins, O'Keefe, Lyon, Hazelwood

Warner has rightly come in for criticism, and his record in the subcontinent is poor.
but I doubt the selectors will pull the trigger for the series decider; they've come this far with him, hopefully he is (over)due.

Bring Stoinis in for Warner and move Marsh up to open

Marsh, Renshaw, Smith, Handscomb, Stoinis, Maxwell, Wade, Cummins, O'Keefe, Lyon, Hazelwood
Stoinis should not get a game just on principle. Averaging under 20 with the bat and over 40 with the ball is barely domestic standard, let alone test standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An the big decider is going to be played with this backdrop.
16dharam3.jpg

How f***ing good is it going to be?

that looks straight out of the Don Bradman 17 stadium creator haha

Not sure why he is unfairly maligned. He is manifestly inconsistent. At 34 he's had a pedestrian first class career so his test figures don't lie.

If they serve up another road, Ussie deserves a go. He was dropped because of the his struggles in Asia, but Marsh has mainly failed. Who says Ussie could not have made runs on this featherbed? He might have played some shots too.
Jeeze I hate uninformed s**t like this. Marsh is one of the best tourists we have - he averages 42 from 23 innings away from home and passes 50 roughly every 3 innings. That's plenty consistent, especially for someone who is chronically injured.

Personally I couldn't give a stuff if he doesn't score runs in Australia, literally every other batsman we have can do that. It's obscene that he gets exponentially more flak than downhill skiers like Warner and Khawaja, but I guess that's what happens when your average fan barely turns on the TV outside of the home summer.

I had training for about 90 minutes. Left when we were 4-130. Come home and to see we are still 4- really pleases me.
You would hope that this innings is the innings Handscomb needed to really test his test match mettle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back