Official Club Stuff Introducing Yartapuulti Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

See this is why I'd love someone to run a comp for this. I don't think any of these would be in my top 3.

I'd probably have Essendon > GWS > Hawthorn > Port > Geelong

Geelong’s creeps me out. It reminds me of the Tripods from War of the Worlds.

This year my vote goes to the Saints. It’s light on the artwork but the Aboriginal flag colours just look so strong in their tri-panel arrangement. If there was an Indigenous All-Star team this could easily be their guernsey.

Geelong’s creeps me out. It reminds me of the Tripods from War of the Worlds.

This year my vote goes to the Saints. It’s light on the artwork but the Aboriginal flag colours just look so strong in their tri-panel arrangement. If there was an Indigenous All-Star team this could easily be their guernsey.
I agree re the Saints jumper. They've worn a basic version of this before during Heritage Round in 2005:

1684363844176.png

This was sent by the Sydne/Melbourne singer Penny Klinger.

Attachments

• received_1018212079590729.jpeg
    received_1018212079590729.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 51
Yeah I like the saints guernsey. It's also light years better than their actual guernsey.

Fully supportive of the round, the name, the guernseys etc. Also like that the league is backing the voice because that's values aligned for me.

As Susan Ley points out this morning though I hope the code supports banning gambling ads (and I'll be ****ed if that isn't the first time I've ever agreed with that woman). Sure it's rampant whataboutism from a tory scamp with an agenda.

But underneath it is the source of my faint nausea at the AFLs self congratulatory tone on all of this stuff. They have a social conscience when it's worth $'s. When it costs $'s....absolute crickets. No spine. No soul.

Credit to the club for everything about indigenous week. Choreography, guernsey, the song, welcome to country, Yartapuulti. They committed to it and was a great night.
I'm not indigenous but why wouldn't you want to be a part of it? It's inclusive. Anyone who sees it as a source of further division that's a choice you're choosing to make.

My hoodie arrived today. Great timing.
looks good and feels comfortable. Perhaps a touch snug compared to other jumpers the same size.

That sounds like my problem of clothes shrinking in the closet 😁

Credit to the club for everything about indigenous week. Choreography, guernsey, the song, welcome to country, Yartapuulti. They committed to it and was a great night.
I'm not indigenous but why wouldn't you want to be a part of it? It's inclusive. Anyone who sees it as a source of further division that's a choice you're choosing to make.

Loved the night. The only minor criticism is it all felt a bit rushed at the end, like their timing was slightly off.

But a superb night, wonderful celebration of culture and brilliant guernsey design.

Old Port boy Uncle Mickey would have been pleased.

Yartapuulti posted all the different indigenous guernsey designs we've used since 2013 on our website and I found it really fun to flash back to all of them and somehow pick a favorite.

Peter Burgoyne's Mirning, Kokatha & Waraidesign this year was fantastic overall and definitely in my top 3, but the Kangaroos on the Coast design from 2021 is still my personal favorite.

Overall though it's nice to now have a decade worth of wonderful guernsey designs under our belts and looking forward to the many more yet to come under the Yartapuulti name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rossy Agius!

"First game ... first kick (a free kick against Richard Cochrane) and a goal at Alberton Oval. Still my favourite memory of football. First game. First kick. First goal.

"Bruce (Abernethy) was soon there. Me on one wing. Bruce on another. In a team that had Russell Ebert, Tim Evans, Darrell Cahill, Trevor Sorrell, Stephen Clifford, Greg Phillips, Kym Kinnear ... how are you not going to like playing football every week when you have those guys behind you, helping you with every step you take.

"You were in awe of those players as a fan watching Port Adelaide play. And then you are among them. You never forget that feeling of being a team-mate to those players."

Loved the 2 weeks Port have had using Yartapuulti.

Should give some consideration to incorporating it into the clubs identity on a full time basis.

Maybe the jumper somehow?

Port sold out of the Yartapuulti merch two weeks ago.

They should do another run because people are still wanting to buy.

St Kilda was named by a drunk bureaucrat after the name of the boat the St Kilda, that was moored just off St Kilda.
The boat was named after the islands of St Kilda, which were never really St Kilda but were called Skildir (Norse:shield) that the dutch mistook as Skildar and then the english misinterpreted as S.Kilda and then St Kilda.

So St Kilda exists out of a drunken brain fart based on numerous linguistic misinterpretations of a viking invasion of North Scotland.
You could almost say it was some cunning linguistic powerplay.

I think I just became a fan of St Kilda.
So St Kilda owe their existence to a cunning linguist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back