Is Alex Rance the best defender in the game today? Is he the best full-back of all-time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given all the hoo haa surrounding the relative merits of Alex Rance (best defender) and Joe Daniher (best forward), let's see what this week's Essendon v Richmond game throws up.
If Rance doesn't even play on Daniher then the argument is over. If he doesn't stand the oppositions best forward then he sure ain't no best defender!!
I really hope they play on each other, it would provide a great deal to substantiate these claims of greatness.
As a neutral I'll be watching intently.

Ch 7 news tonight said Rance was on Daniher for 47% of the game last night and during that time Daniher was goalless and only had 3 touches.

Last edited:

:rolleyes:

Rance is the best. You all know it.
Atm he is..... He is not even close when it comes to all time though, Scarlett and SOS have more all australians and have done it when it really matters.

Atm he is..... He is not even close when it comes to all time though, Scarlett and SOS have more all australians and have done it when it really matters.

I think at careers end Rance will have 6 AA's just as Scarlett does, which is also one more than Silvagni.

However, I refrain from the Rance-Silvagni comparison/argument because the era's are simply too different.

That's great. Scarlett won 3 flags, Silvagni two. Rance will still be a guy that stood out in a s**t side.

Stood out or stood up? Easier to be a great full back in a Premiership side than it is in a side who gets flogged/underachieves like Richmond have for the vast majority of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't call it a pansting still manged to kick 3 goals and have 17 disposals but yes he was beaten.

None of said goals were on rance

Daniher got given a bath when rance moved to him, nothing to be ashamed about

It's like Hurley breaking even with the great Todd elton..............:tearsofjoy:

(Jack) Regan earned his title as the "Prince of Full-backs". He was a magnificent mark and a superb kick.

Why do some people think a player is the best ever, when they are talking about a current player, doggy doo !!
Probably cause training and nutrition standards are sharply rising, people in general are getting taller and stronger, and the population is growing massively. In reality we are probably witnessing the best footballers of all time (and in 10 years we'll be doing it again), with the exception of a small number of absolute freaks like Ablett Snr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back