Is Geelong-Richmond the new Geelong-Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 was 6 years ago. How much longer do you want? We will probably be competitive next year with Taranto & Hopper so it’ll be 7. Hawks were 8 seasons from 08-15. It’s about the same. Bolton and co are all entering their prime and Dusty will have two more years. It’s just Cotchin and Riewoldt leaving for now.

Also what priority picks do you mean? None were involved in the dynasty. Unlike the cats father-son rule.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I thought the exact same when I read that. Will be eagerly awaiting his reply.

2017 was 6 years ago. How much longer do you want? We will probably be competitive next year with Taranto & Hopper so it’ll be 7. Hawks were 8 seasons from 08-15. It’s about the same. Bolton and co are all entering their prime and Dusty will have two more years. It’s just Cotchin and Riewoldt leaving for now.

Also what priority picks do you mean? None were involved in the dynasty. Unlike the cats father-son rule.

Nah it ended after the 2020 premiership season when you finished 13th. A dead cat bounce into 7th isn’t exactly continuing the dominance.

Alex Rance was a priority pick and played in the 2017 premiership. He was a pretty important player for you guys, not sure how you’d have forgotten him.

Nah it ended after the 2020 premiership season when you finished 13th. A dead cat bounce into 7th isn’t exactly continuing the dominance.

Alex Rance was a priority pick and played in the 2017 premiership. He was a pretty important player for you guys, not sure how you’d have forgotten him.
Well there you go, never knew Rance was a priority pick!

You haven't won a final for 2 seasons.

Well there you go, never knew Rance was a priority pick!

They also got Deledio pick 1 as a priority pick. He wasn’t there for the premierships but did net them a 1st and 3rd in the 2016 draft.

Tim Kelly wasn’t part of our 2022 premiership but you’d never hear me deny the impact that trade had on us getting it.

Last edited:

Rance wasn’t a priority pick he was pick 18🤦‍♂️
Considering 3 people liked your comment I’m convinced that they just don’t like Richmond and will like anything negative even if it’s wrong and then claim to be objective/factual.

Considering 3 people liked your comment I’m convinced that they just don’t like Richmond and will like anything negative even if it’s wrong and then claim to be objective/factual.

Nice assumption that people do things just because they "don't like Richmond". I looked it up, found it was factual, and liked the comment, as it was a very surprising fact.

1664835743863.png

That's a big motzo ball hanging out there. Facepalm indeed.

You are wrong. Rance was a priority pick gifted to Richmond for being terrifically incompetent and a drain on the AFL.

Thankfully every(?) other club overlooked Alex Rance.

Harry Taylor and Alex Rance taken at consecutive picks. Fair defensive pairing.
I did notice that.

Of interest maybe… Richmond had pick 19 in that draft too. Pre-draft picks 2, 18 and 19. Traded pick 19 for Jordan McMahon. If we didn’t get the PP I wonder what the strategy would have been… keep 19 (and subsequently draft Rance anyway) or trade 19 away for JM and see who was left when we picked deeper in the draft.

And of course, JM kicked the goal that won the game against the Dees, granting them picks 1 and 2 and leaving us with pick 3 that we got Dusty with, without the temptation of Scully and Trengove.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did notice that.

Of interest maybe… Richmond had pick 19 in that draft too. Pre-draft picks 2, 18 and 19. Traded pick 19 for Jordan McMahon. If we didn’t get the PP I wonder what the strategy would have been… keep 19 (and subsequently draft Rance anyway) or trade 19 away for JM and see who was left when we picked deeper in the draft.

Didn’t know the Tigers originally had pick 19. Fair to say it all worked out swimmingly for the club!

I did notice that.

And of course, JM kicked the goal that won the game against the Dees, granting them picks 1 and 2 and leaving us with pick 3 that we got Dusty with, without the temptation of Scully and Trengove.

What was the general opinion of Jordie's goal at the time amongst the Tiger faithful?

That's a lovely quirk of history.

Nice assumption that people do things just because they "don't like Richmond". I looked it up, found it was factual, and liked the comment, as it was a very surprising fact.

View attachment 1525830

Ok fair enough. Pick 18 definitely gave us the dynasty. Miles better compared to Scarlett and GAJ for thirds rounds. 🥴

Ok fair enough. Pick 18 definitely gave us the dynasty. Miles better compared to Scarlett and GAJ for thirds rounds. 🥴

Hawkins was the biggest steal. At any rate, no denying Geelong benefited pretty heavily from father/son picks. We basically had one every 2nd year for a decade around 2000.

That's not the point I was making. My point was to refute your statement that I liked a post simply because I "don't like Richmond". And you wonder why you get negative feedback.

Hawkins was the biggest steal. At any rate, no denying Geelong benefited pretty heavily from father/son picks. We basically had one every 2nd year for a decade around 2000.

Didn’t know Hawkins was too. Lol
Wasn’t Harry Taylor as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back