Player Watch Is Jordan Dawson the best value trade in the last couple of years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm

He finished 3rd in the Swans Best and Fairest in 2021....

Pretty sure we rated him as elite at that point in time...
Ben Keays finished 2nd in our B&F in 2021 and third in 2022. Does that make him worth a top 10 pick?
He was drafted with pick 56, so he wasn't a hyped Jr.
For how he was performing you got a first rounder that ended up at pick 18. That was his worth at the time.

You didn't watch him at Sydney did you? Far better than a b grade player.
What's your definition of an A grader? He had one good year where he finished 3rd in their B&F and got 6 brownlow votes. In the same year Ben Keays finished 2nd in our B&F and had 11 Brownlow votes. You think he was or is an A grader?
People throw out that A grader tag real easy.
Dawson is playing like an A grader now, but his form since joining Adelaide is better than it was at Sydney.

What's your definition of an A grader? He had one good year where he finished 3rd in their B&F and got 6 brownlow votes. In the same year Ben Keays finished 2nd in our B&F and had 11 Brownlow votes. You think he was or is an A grader?
Dawson is playing like an A grader now, but his form since joining Adelaide is better than it was at Sydney.

Was easily a top 5 player at the Swans in his last year with us, probably top 3. Ultimately it does not matter what you think, Swans fans knew what we had and we rated him as such.

And like clockwork a Port Power supporter comes in to try and s**t on the Crows.
Say something stupid, you'll get pointed out. It's also not Port Power.

Others said it too. So cry elsewhere.

You low balled them. Now you are bragging? Are you all there?

And like clockwork a Port Power supporter comes in to try and s**t on the Crows.

He's right though. Everyone knew he was worth signficantly more than the Crows offered. The Swans are a professional organisation so they copped it on the chin and moved on.

Also Crow fans have spent more than a half a decade complaining about the Dangerfield trade. Now want to jump for joy about ripping Sydney off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call..but Sydney have also attracted some of the biggest names from interstate where the crows almost never have (not including returning home A born players)

Buddy
Lockett
Tippett (at the time you got him)
etc
Barrrreeee Hall...

We've struggled lately. Think we had a big crack at Darcy Moore but why leave the Pies.

I had people on my own board laughing at me for saying he was easily worth what we were offering and more. Clearly they'd never seen him play and just had their blinkers on.

Drives me nuts how cheap people on Crows board think we need to pay for everyone else's good players then think we can charge a kings ransom when they come for ours.
In all seriousness, it was a really good get by the crows. I wrote on your board at the time that he was worth a top 6 pick and got laughed at. I reckon most teams in the comp would hand that and a bit extra over in hindsight.

He's turned into the player we thought he'd be and it hurts to see it.

As a straight trade it’s a good one.

Getting Cameron for Tim Kelly was a pretty good one for us albeit indirectly

Not really as The Crows lowballed/black mailed the Swans into accepting their deal with the threat of the PSD.

It was manipulative and sneaky by the Crows, the Swans knew they were losing a quality player for unders.

But good luck to the Crows for playing the PSD card. More clubs should do it imo
Karma's a bitch isnt it

(They) Shouldn't have screwed us with Tippett.

In all seriousness, it was a really good get by the crows. I wrote on your board at the time that he was worth a top 6 pick and got laughed at. I reckon most teams in the comp would hand that and a bit extra over in hindsight.

He's turned into the player we thought he'd be and it hurts to see it.
Yeah I understand the leverage we had and didn't mind us using it to the extent we did but talks of 2nd rounders were ridiculous. Just classic under valuing of other teams players.

I really wish a Crows fan hadn't started this thread.

Yes, we got excellent value for him, but there's been plenty of trades like this. We were on the receiving end of it from Geelong when we gave Danger for hardly anything for instance.

Was a top 3 player in a side that just catapulted up the ladder back into finals, rated elite in his position.

6 brownlow votes for a guy playing his position is a bigger deal than 11 for midfielder playing as a primary mid so not sure what point you are making there.

I really wish a Crows fan hadn't started this thread.

Yes, we got excellent value for him, but there's been plenty of trades like this. We were on the receiving end of it from Geelong when we gave Danger for hardly anything for instance.
Hes been great value but there's plenty of trades that are, pretty hard to seriously rank them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back