Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone remember when we debuted Mac Willis against Geelong a few years ago in the back pocket? Cold, rainy and we lost by 120 or so. He was dropped the next game. Brutal.

Doesn't come any harder than that trip. I wouldn't be playing him down there in the middle of winter.

Come on, let's just play him this week. The world has waited long enough, and we're a good shot at a win. AND there are a couple reasonable candidates to drop for him. It's perfect.
Why rush him and risk hurting him if he hasn't hit the targets set out for him yet. He hasn't played a full game of football for 12 months. Let him ease into playing and get used to using his pace in game again.

If he's ready, you play him.
Geelong just lost to Carlton at home.
Can't protect him for ever - he would be dying to get out there.

Sounds like he has a few things to work on from the reserves match report though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I met him just before COVID and I don’t see what you guys are seeing. He comes across as slight to me. Having said that I’ve been around League players most of my life who are at the other end of the extreme and tend to be excessively bulky.

I met him just before COVID and I don’t see what you guys are seeing. He comes across as slight to me. Having said that I’ve been around League players most of my life who are at the other end of the extreme and tend to be excessively bulky.
He is never going to be a big buff player, would slow him down and ruin what makes him special. But there is a difference between been slight and skinny and being slight and powerful. Which is what Izak is starting to look like, he is a lot more toned and bigger in the right areas to when he was drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back