Toast Jack Redden - Retired 2022. Thank you Red Dog

Remove this Banner Ad

1664507627522.png

Last edited:

What's the point of this video? First kick is an absolute howler no doubt, I then got about another 40 seconds in before I got bored of seeing Priddis tackled immediately or even before he's even grabbed the ball.

On topic though, Redden's kick to Kennedy was absolute perfection and one of the best weighted field kicks I've seen in a while.

What's the point of this video? First kick is an absolute howler no doubt, I then got about another 40 seconds in before I got bored of seeing Priddis tackled immediately or even before he's even grabbed the ball

Same. This is old footage of a guy who has clearly become one of the most damaging mids in the game and our (arguably) most important player.

On topic though, Redden's kick to Kennedy was absolute perfection and one of the best weighted field kicks I've seen in a while.

The one to Cripps is the 2nd was almost as good and served as a good practice run for the pass to Kennedy in the last - the two kicks were near identical

From memory, the video wasn't meant to just highlight Matt's bad stuff because that was nitpicking. That's why there are decent things in it.

Instead it was supposed to show his lack of defensive chasing, the fact Naitanui wastes hit outs to advantage by hitting to a stationary Priddis compared to a player on the move like Shuey, and obviously.... that grubber kick.

2 years old now, but i daresay the point it was posted for was to prove that Matt wasn't the same player 2 seasons ago. He HAS improved.

From memory, the video wasn't meant to just highlight Matt's bad stuff because that was nitpicking. That's why there are decent things in it.

Instead it was supposed to show his lack of defensive chasing, the fact Naitanui wastes hit outs to advantage by hitting to a stationary Priddis compared to a player on the move like Shuey, and obviously.... that grubber kick.

2 years old now, but i daresay the point it was posted for was to prove that Matt wasn't the same player 2 seasons ago. He HAS improved.
This

That's certainly not the context Kranky Al was trying to use it in though.

That's certainly not the context Kranky Al was trying to use it in though.
I think that's EXACTLY what he was trying to use it for to be honest.

Kranky, like myself, doesn't agree whatsoever with people claiming that Matt has been a gun for years and that all the Priddis 'haters' have been proven wrong. When in reality, Matt was half the player he is now, and has improved his own game greatly, hence why the hate has seemingly diminished.

The anti Priddis movement were proven wrong in the sense that Matt cannot improve at his age and stage of his career. Very wrong. So i'll raise my hand.

Kranky, like myself, doesn't agree whatsoever with people claiming that Matt has been a gun for years and that all the Priddis 'haters' have been proven wrong. When in reality, Matt was half the player he is now, and has improved his own game greatly, hence why the hate has seemingly diminished.

The anti Priddis movement were proven wrong in the sense that Matt cannot improve at his age and stage of his career. Very wrong. So i'll raise my hand.

Simmo has definitely made a big difference in Priddis game, and its fantastic to see.

This. The anti Priddis group werent wrong in some respects as at times, a lot of times, he was a liability. However, he has improved greatly over the leat couple of years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always sad news when a great Clubman retires, he is the heart and soul sort of player that goes unheralded but is essential to winning a Premiership.

In the same category as Stenglein and Lamb.

Terrific acquisition.

Breaking News: Jarrod Redden has announced his retirement

Source: Kelli Underwood

Thankyou Jack, all the best in retirement
jack-redden-of-the-eagles-celebrates-winning-the-2018-afl-grand-final-picture-id1042770404

Hopefully we can convince him to play at the Beagles next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back