Toast Jack Steele earns All Australian honours

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten to Steele - “we’re going to let you off the leash mate”.

Me: This won’t work.

Result: All Australian.

This man is only just getting started.

Last edited:

I generally don't really care for AA selections or individual awards much, would actually prefer our good players go under the radar and keep their contarct price down, but… the AA forward line…

Bont - 11 goals - 17 games
Danger - 11 goals - 17 games
Dusty - 15 goals - 16 games

All guns clearly… but AA forwards should be goal kickers who play predominantly as forwards.

They might as well scrap the positions and just say "the best 22 players"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice for him to get some recognition. Certainly deserves it. Would’ve been nice for him to be in the 18 but it doesn’t matter. All these things really matter for is the resume of a player. He’ll have AA next to his name now. Hopefully gets a few more over the years.

Great result. As an aside, was it well known that when he first rocked up at the club from GWS he was in shocking nick? Hadn't heard that before Roo mentioned it tonight.

That surprised me too. Certainly nothing I noticed and I don’t recall any chat on here about it.
nah, i never heard anything either. Maybe reiwoldt was thinking someone else.

Bloody joke. They could only just manage to squeeze Steele on the bench, and leave out Butler all together. Corrupt bunch of muppets in charge.

SEN were talking about it, how there would be massive melts if it was the other way round, if there were too many forwards and they put someone like Butler in the midfield.

SEN were talking about it, how there would be massive melts if it was the other way round, if there were too many forwards and they put someone like Butler in the midfield.

Massive melts? Maybe about 10% of what it is right now! Yeah there would've been melts from their good mates who made this team but shouldn't have!

It doesn't matter what pissweak excuse they want to use, they didn't select a deserved team. They chose many players who shouldn't even be there! It's the least deserved team that I can remember. They're just "award stacking" on their mates, and when they retire we hear "eight time All Australian" we know some of them weren't deserved over others. These people are distanced from reality.

Massive melts? Maybe about 10% of what it is right now! Yeah there would've been melts from their good mates who made this team but shouldn't have!

It doesn't matter what pissweak excuse they want to use, they didn't select a deserved team. They chose many players who shouldn't even be there! It's the least deserved team that I can remember. They're just "award stacking" on their mates, and when they retire we hear "eight time All Australian" we know some of them weren't deserved over others. These people are distanced from reality.

Sorry, what SEN was saying that it was wrong to stack it with inside mids, and how if it was the otherway around, the Mid-mafia would be melting.

There would be massive melts if Butler was named in the middle for the Saints.

I think the best way to assess the validity of the 1st 22 is to look at the 2nd 22 and imagine them standing each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back