Jack Watts to be named AA this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly won't get remotely close to AA, but he'll play a good role for Port.

He'll play some good games and kick some important goals and Port fans will think "wow, why didn't he do this at Melbourne".

That's the footy IQ of the average supporter. Melbourne terminated him for cultural reasons as much as his inconsistency and inability to be as physically hard as he needed to be as often as he needed to be.

Goodwin is uncompromising and he'd had enough of a half dedicated footballer. Players often benefit from a kick up the backside, so I suspect Jack will have a good year - for him.

For the first half of 2017 - Melbourne supporters were raving about him. "Best disposal of any Key Position player in the comp etc". How times have changed.

Doubt he was happy.

What do you think ?
Is/Was there a disconnect between the players/coaching liaison within the club?

Hopefully communication within the football department improves and any trust issues resolved.

For the first half of 2017 - Melbourne supporters were raving about him. "Best disposal of any Key Position player in the comp etc". How times have changed.
Watts is certainly skilled. Not necessarily a key forward though. At his height you’d think he would be. We didn’t boot him for his lack of skills that’s for sure.

All Australian?
Im gonna say no.
Remember when the Hawks took Vickery? You cant change everyone.
Watts might improve a little, but hel fall back into old patterns every now and then.

He will never have the mindset to attack the contest that key forwards need.
Vickery did have a very nice cat carrier.
upload_2018-1-14_23-20-53.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction is that Watts will play at a similar standard as he did in Melbourne (pretty decently) but people will drastically overstate his influence as people often do when a historically maligned player goes to another team because 1) the romanticism of it 2) he'll have better talent around him and 3) it's great ammo to troll Dees fans with

All Australian?
Im gonna say no.
Remember when the Hawks took Vickery? You cant change everyone.
Watts might improve a little, but hel fall back into old patterns every now and then.

He will never have the mindset to attack the contest that key forwards need.

Watts is way better than Vickery ever was, unfair comparison imo

Yeah just like Toumpas, Sylvia, Morton, Maric, Petterd, Gysberts etc who were all gonna have the Melbourne washed off them and become superstars elsewhere

Port Adelaide board thought they would turn Toumpas into a Brownlow medallist

There has been a thread dedicated to this previously. This is not the place for it. It's about Jack Watts.

To be fair thread is about port getting more out of watts than Melbourne due to professionalism/environment and that does form part of the arguement

Look I don't know about AA but I do know that he's going to have a career best 35 disposals and 8 goals against Melbourne because that's just the way things go around here
What's inevitable is the 'I'm loving it' report out of Alberton in the next weeks where Watts will add 'I've never worked so hard on the training track in my life'...and we'll all be back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back