Rumour James Aish to re-sign with Brisbane Lions for 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure there was ever only a 10% chance he was staying. Should have told us weeks ago.
nothing wrong with it, he probably just wanted to wait until the end of the season fully or he wasn't sure what he was going to do. Everyone assumes he has always known he was going to leave just because he has said it now, but the truth is probably that he wasn't sure until the past few days. Also he had time as the trade period has 4 days until it starts

So let me get this straight.

We had a player who was contracted, a previous best and fairest winner, All Australian and premiership player yet we still facilitated a trade in good faith and got Beams to where he wanted to go.

Brisbane have a soon to be uncontracted player, a former top pick 10 and a promising young talent no doubt but one who had a poor 2015 season and is only 2 years into a career.

Spot the difference.

And yet unlike us Brisbane aren't even prepared to sit down and see what we are prepared to offer and will lose him for nothing.

Yeah that's how to run a football club.

By the way you don't see our club acting in this truly pathetic manner over Freeman our own player taken inside the top 10 in the same draft, one who will leave without ever giving anything back to the club out on the field.

Grow up Brisbane.

So let me get this straight.

We had a player who was contracted, a previous best and fairest winner, All Australian and premiership player yet we still facilitated a trade in good faith and got Beams to where he wanted to go.

Brisbane have a soon to be uncontracted player, a former top pick 10 and a promising young talent no doubt but one who had a poor 2015 season and is only 2 years into a career.

Spot the difference.

And yet unlike us Brisbane aren't even prepared to sit down and see what we are prepared to offer and will lose him for nothing.

Yeah that's how to run a football club.

By the way you don't see our club acting in this truly pathetic manner over Freeman our own player taken inside the top 10 in the same draft, one who will leave without ever giving anything back to the club out on the field.

Grow up Brisbane.

You realise you didnt HAVE to trade Beams, right? Hes contracted. Like we dont HAVE to trade Aish. We can send him off to the draft and he can try his luck again.

You realise you didnt HAVE to trade Beams, right? Hes contracted. Like we dont HAVE to trade Aish. We can send him off to the draft and he can try his luck again.
Yes and doesn't that just speak volumes for your club? Your administration is so petty it would rather get nothing for Aish and set the club back than trade him. Brisbane treat there players like s**t and complain when players aren't loyal. Adcock was loyal to the club and so was Bradshaw and you ****ed them off. It is simple be loyal to to those who give you good service and that will inspire loyal in those around them.

Yes and doesn't that just speak volumes for your club? Your administration is so petty it would rather get nothing for Aish and set the club back than trade him. Brisbane treat there players like s**t and complain when players aren't loyal. Adcock was loyal to the club and so was Bradshaw and you stuffed them off. It is simple be loyal to to those who give you good service and that will inspire loyal in those around them.
Has he signed yet lol

Brisbane lions supporters are so petty , not 12 months ago they were in the other position and being stubborn.

Bad list management on their behalf

BTW Supporters/Fans are not list managers. We as a collective have no say as to where any player goes. I think a deal will be done. And as usual it will not be in the Lions favor.

BTW Supporters/Fans are not list managers. We as a collective have no say as to where any player goes. I think a deal will be done. And as usual it will not be in the Lions favor.
Not our fault deGoey and the steak knives worked out better for us than Beams has for you.

Last year you thought you screwed is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me read the tea leaves.

I'm a bit miffed that he wanted to leave but not go back to his home of SA?
Is he saying he wants to play in Victoria and wants to be at Collingwood, instead of giving team of his preferred choice?
Hence Collingwood is telling Lions your not getting anything significant cos he is out of contract?

I think Aish is a really good player.

Looking at the Collingwood list, they either have very good players that can't be traded or bad players that nobody wants, hence they are in a pickle on what to offer the Lions & they alreay want Trelor.

The only players I see Lions would want is below & Lions will also need to give a pick back to Pies for the players below:
Nathan Brown
Ben Reid
Steele Sidebottom

Is he saying he wants to play in Victoria and wants to be at Collingwood, instead of giving team of his preferred choice?
Hence Collingwood is telling Lions your not getting anything significant cos he is out of contract?

Looking at the Collingwood list, they either have very good players that can't be traded or bad players that nobody wants, hence they are in a pickle on what to offer the Lions & they alreay want Trelor.

The only players I see Lions would want is below & Lions will also need to give a pick back to Pies for the players below:
Nathan Brown
Ben Reid
Steele Sidebottom

No. Every one of those players is untouchable from pies list perspective. Have more than enough trade options for steak knives - as well as an abundance of incoming picks from seedsman/kennedy/freeman. Deal can be done very fairly for lions.

Nathan Brown
Ben Reid
Steele Sidebottom
On a side not comparing this to geelongs situation.

They want selwood (eagles considering matching) , zac smith, henderson and dangerfield (crows surely match).

Why is aish/treloar such a sticking point and seen as impossible when the above situation looks a lot more difficult.

lol Beams won the best and fairest, it worked out just fine
The whole team won the best and Fairest up north
Best and fairest of a s**t team whoopee!

The steak knives came third in ours, can't wait til deGoey really gets going.
Wake me up when he signs for one of our Vic clubs will ya or the crows . ;)

Last edited:
s5wUufo.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back