Rumour James Aish to re-sign with Brisbane Lions for 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

If you end up with Aish and Treloar, Freeman wont get a game anyway. Surplus to requirements at this stage.
Freeman would get a game no worries. I still think Aish will either go to an Adelaide club or Hawks. Time will tell

Yep. It also means Brisbane would essentially end up with four top 20 picks. So thats fairly decent as well.
I don't know how you figured 4 picks in the top 20.
After F.A. compo (Dangerfield & Leuenberger) and possible a priority pick (BL/Carl) , the second round is likely to start at pick #26. Collingwood and St Kilda second round picks may be in the 30's.

Aish to hawthorn getting a bit of momentum but can't see how Hawks facilitate.

Whitecross would be the most likely. With a pick our way.
Isn't whitey a FA though? But then again you wouldn't wanna give up your draft pick right? Is that how it works? Sorry, lot of questions there but I am a tad confused.

I mean this in the most respectful way, but why is Aish such a hot commodity? He hasn't played a lot of footy of late, from what I have seen it's not like he's set the world on fire. Why is he so attractive to all these clubs?
59161979.jpg

Scoop MaClure just said he has told Brisbane he is leaving them. He won't nominate a club and is open to moving to Melbourne.

It's a beat up like all the others ! Let's just make it up people , never let a fact get in the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean this in the most respectful way, but why is Aish such a hot commodity? He hasn't played a lot of footy of late, from what I have seen it's not like he's set the world on fire. Why is he so attractive to all these clubs?

Talent alone I guess.
His heart wasnt in it this year + 2nd year blues.

I would back him to somewhat bounce back. Dont think hes going to be a game changing recruit but he'd be a handy midfielder for pretty much anyone.

Well it sure looked like it from the body language and performances.
Also what I hear from the family, who I know quite well.

By no means do I think he wasnt trying, but he just didnt have the hunger.
Maybe he just lacks ticker? Kid has all the class in the world but one thing that cant be tought is heart.

Maybe he just lacks ticker? Kid has all the class in the world but one thing that cant be tought is heart.

Well you wouldnt have said that from his SANFL days or his first year at Brisbane.
I would suspect its an environment thing.
Whether its just him missing home, or whether theres a bad culture at Brissie I dont know...

Good luck explaining it to Brisbane fans, every line needs a full explanation, especially when they disagree. Wouldn't have thought it needed extra explaning on this occasion.

Well you wouldnt have said that from his SANFL days or his first year at Brisbane.
Whether its just him missing home, or whether theres a bad culture at Brissie I dont know...
Even in his first year at the lions he seemed like he wasnt in it.

Just thought id say that i like the kid. Met him a few times and seems like a genuine young man. I wish him all the best. If thats at the lions then great if not then fine.

Just thought id say that i like the kid. Met him a few times and seems like a genuine young man. I wish him all the best. If thats at the lions then great if not then fine.

He could very well still stay, but id say we see him in Melbourne next year.
Whether he comes on, is a mystery, but i tend to think he will.

A lot of players play like their hearts not in it. Jamie Elliot from Collingwood plays like he wishes he was ANYWHERE else. There was threads about it and everything, how he wasnt participating in goal celebrations and stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back