Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

We might have a player on our hands in Josh Misiti, seems he will be making Calders final squad as a 15 year old. Josh is already taller than his old man playing as a key forward for his junior club.
Wait, playing at Calder's U/18's as a 15 year old? Not even the U/16 list?

He was mentioned in Calders season preview, they don’t usually speak about players who won’t be on their primary list.
Christ. He'll proably only play half a dozen games but that's impressive.

Max Fletcher played FF all day, kicked his only goal late in the game with a long set shot goal, he moves well and will often take a mark 50m out and quickly turn and go a lot like Daniher does, very light so didn’t offer much when the ball hit the deck but he still chased when he could.

Josh Misiti starting really well in the first quarter showing good leading patterns and clean hands at ground level, he didn’t touch it in the 2nd and went down back in the 2nd half where I didn’t think he performed well, had a shaky kick across goal. He isn’t blessed with pace or agility so I’d say Max has the most upside out of the 2.

Last edited:
Max Fletcher played FF all day, kicked his only goal late in the game with a long set shot goal, he moves well and will often take a mark 50m out and quickly turn and go a lot like Daniher does, very light so didn’t offer much when the ball hit the deck but he still chased when he could.

Josh Misiti starting really well in the first quarter showing good leasing patterns and clean hands at ground level, he didn’t touch it on the 2nd and went down back in the 2nd half where I didn’t think he performed well, had a shaky kick across goal. He isn’t blessed with pace or agility so I’d say Max has the most upside out of the 2.
Jobe had neither pace nor agility. A big body with with quick and clean hands is just fine. Steady as she goes, young Josh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does it say for those of us who can't access the HS webste?
Clubs are pissed that Johnson's son Lachlan can be eligible to be drafted under the NGA system by Essendon even though he no longer lives in Essendons zone when his family recently moved to Kew.

Clubs dont think his 3/4 years or so in Essendons NGA should trump Brisbanes right to him as a F/S now that he no longer is in Essendons NGA or plays for Calder Cannons (plays for Oakleigh chargers).

Johnson Sr says while it is unprecedented and a bit of a anomaly, the Bombers havent done anything wrong and he isnt going to persuade his son one way or the other.

Clubs are pissed that Johnson's son Lachlan can be eligible to be drafted under the NGA system by Essendon even though he no longer lives in Essendons zone when his family recently moved to Kew.

Clubs dont think his 3/4 years or so in Essendons NGA should trump Brisbanes right to him as a F/S now that he no longer is in Essendons NGA or plays for Calder Cannons (plays for Oakleigh chargers).

Johnson Sr says while it is unprecedented and a bit of a anomaly, the Bombers havent done anything wrong and he isnt going to persuade his son one way or the other.
I think that's a fair argument. If it was a case where he wasn't F/S for another club I'd think differently though

F/S should trump all of the other bullshit.

Particularly as you could hardly make any argument that giving a team access to the son of a legend was going to change his mind about whether he plays footy.

It's total bullshit. It should be Lions and Lions only for Johnson just as Blakey should be playing for North or the Lions.

Okay, having a look at the rest of the tac cup fixture, we can have Fletcher or Johnson play as 23rd man on the 13th of July against North Melbourne at Windy Hill and against the 10th of August against Footscray, and then Johnson has a bye on the 27th of July, where we play Williamstown, and Fletcher on the 3rd of August where we play Sandringham. I'd give Fletcher the games against Footscray and Johnson against North so they can both experience a very strong side and perhaps a weaker one as well if we were to draft them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back