Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we need to be realistic. Peak Judd + 46 netted pick 3, 20 and JJK.

Jezza Cameron was picks 13,15 and 20 with 2 seconds going back.

Tom Boyd pick 6 and a cooked Griffen.

I reckon pick 8, future first (likely top 10) and 27 is more than enough for what he’s shown so far. Different story if he had a Daicos level season.

Jeez, would hate to lose young Jed McEntee after he really burst out as a classy and exciting small forward in those last two games of the season
Post of the year nom right here
Genuinely spat out my drink laughing

I don't whether it's funny or sad that the Crows board has had more posts on their JHF thread tonight than we have lol.

Bit of an Old El Paso moment, no? ;)

Anyone saying that North should have accepted Adelaide's piece of s**t deal from last year, consider that what they were offering was:

Pick 6 for Pick 1
Melbourne's 2022 first round pick (which cost them 23, 37, 44, 62, 66 and a 2022 fourth round pick - they received 33 as well)
Adelaide's 2022 first round pick

for

Horne Francis
North Melbourne 2022 future second

So what it really was from North's perspective was:

A downgrade of 1 to 6
An upgrade of 19 to 14 in 2022
Plus Pick 5/6 in 2022

They make it sound like it was some spectacular deal but it was nothing of the sort. Points wise the Crows were giving up the equivalent value of Pick 27 to get the deal done. But apparently at the time everyone thought it was a great deal for North, so:

If you think Port won't go up the ladder and will tread water...

Pick 8 + Port's 2023 first round pick (at 8) is worth more than Pick 1, and is more than Adelaide were offering.

If you think Port will rebound to top four...

Pick 8 + Pick 27 + Port's 2023 first round pick (at 15-18) is also worth more than Pick 1, and is more than what Adelaide were offering.

I'd be on the phone to AFL House and be asking them to give us the Geelong/Hawthorn treatment when it comes to our future second for Rioli (you can trade out your future first and second in extraordinary circumstances).

You could even turn 8 into two late first round picks and make it sound even more exciting for North - six first round draft picks in two years!

I don't want to give up a player like Drew because when Boak retires Drew should slot back into the midfield rotation. And there's no way in ******* hell we should be giving up our first this year, next year AND a player we picked in the first round.

Drew is exactly the player we should be handing over. He doesn't have a spot if JHF comes. he's too good to be playing SANFL, so he'll be gone anyway. Can't play anywhere except inside mid. With another clearance player, we need a tagger even less, as we should back ourselves in to win the contest. Players like DBJ/Bonner/ Drew are exactly the ones we should be offering up. We can cover all of them from within. We're going to have to make an offer that hurts. 2xfirsts+Drew/Bonner/DBJ is a smart offer. It looks fair/overs, but put JHF into the team and one of those guys isn't best 22 anymore so we aren't actually giving up anything other than the 2 firsts. If you can get JHF across without giving up out 18-22 year olds, our firsts become less important. With an extra midfielder rotation, it means there is always going to be a highly skilled midfielder resting up forward. The small forward issue becomes less, even without Rioli. If we can find a bargain KPD in the next year or 2, the team is just about complete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we get back a 2nd round pick for this or next year.
LOL come on mate we are not talking pick 6 or 8 or 10 here we are talking pick 1 here mate .
We will take pick 2 x 1st rounders this year mate or you give us your 1st this year and Connor Rozze no giving future 2nd pick back

I don't understand why everyone keeps comparing this to the crows offer last year.

The crows offered Pick 6, 2022 1st via Melbourne (pick 14) and 2022 1st (pick 5) for North Melbournes pick 1 and future 2nd (pick 19)

So the deal was Pick 5, Pick 6, and Pick 14 for Pick 1 and pick 19.

We will probably be offering pick 8, 2023 1st (pick 5-15) and Miles Bergman who was a pick 14, for a player who doesnt want to play for North Melbourne and had alot of trouble settling into their football club.

On TET-AN00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

LOL come on mate we are not talking pick 6 or 8 or 10 here we are talking pick 1 here mate .
We will take pick 2 x 1st rounders this year mate or you give us your 1st this year and Connor Rozze no giving future 2nd pick back
To be fair, your board is in full meltdown mode and asking for 2xfirsts as well as players that are worth more than JHF. Rozee is worth more than JHF. Butters to. 2x1sts is likely the opening bid.

8, 27 and future first enough? I guess we say bye to Kosi unless we give up a player.

Pickett would honestly cost as much as JHF (picks and money) he's a gun, but I don't think you invest that much into a small forward, especially with the KPF in the team. No way you keep that forward line, the midfielders, and find some KPDs unless you are getting some fat c8nts from the stands to guard space. Melbourne did well with him and he was always going to be harder to get back to Port. A proven player, with family in WA and playing for a good side. Might happen, but probably not for a while. Hopefully GC take the Crows to the cleaners so they can't make a play for him next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back