Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Port are just wasting everyone's time. Port supporters mentioning his behavioural issues in here as if it'll magically lower his price...too bad a 4yr 800k contract is on the table. It's obvious your club rates him highly and wants him badly. Kochie was basically tossing himself off on trade radio when explaining how they spent a year wooing JHF and his parents. He was very happy with himself. Be a lot of egg on his face if they can't get this over the line and need to wait a year.

North: pick 2, F1, Bergman/Sinn
Port: JHF

Pick 2 will get pushed out to 3. 3 is very different to a player many experts tipped to become a generational talent.

It'll get there in the end.
I like seeing port get screwed but that’s just insane .

If pick 2 is there then just a sweetener like a second rounder is all that should be needed

Last edited:

Wonder if we could help get Hunter Clark to North

Port get JHF
saints get pick 33 and norths ‘23 2nd
North gets pick 8, ports ‘23 1st and Clark

No matter how many scenario’s you keep presenting, with as many clubs as you like, the JHF deal doesn’t get done with the same capital you keep assigning from Port every time.

Is jhf and Rioli genuinely an upgrade for next year alone on Amon and gray? Definitely in the longer term but next year? It’s fair to say there is a decent chance we don’t improve next year.
Look you can play it down as much as you like

the facts are “ a good player you don’t want loose will be required “ end of story

we can’t all be wrong inc the neutral

stop taking the piss out of NM and WC

Your Club and that stupid imbecile kochie did know to get JHF going to cost big time

U need sell the farm or give up looking very stupid as a club

Hey look Jason, Pick 1 again. Congratulations!
JHF:
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way JHF and Rioli get traded is for Port to give up a good player to someone.
They can’t get both with 8, 33 and f1.
They don’t have to trade that player to us, they don’t have to trade him to WC.
But they need extra capital to get both deals done, and it’s unlikely Bonner will be enough.
So yes, they’ll have to bleed.

Tell Port no funny business.

If they piss us off and norf:
  1. JHF will go to PSD where we pick him up for a year (2022)
  2. We send Rioli to PSD draft where norf pick him up
  3. We send JHF to norf. Who then send JHF to crows.
* around and find out
Yep, gotta love that player welfare right there.

The only way JHF and Rioli get traded is for Port to give up a good player to someone.
They can’t get both with 8, 33 and f1.
They don’t have to trade that player to us, they don’t have to trade him to WC.
But they need extra capital to get both deals done, and it’s unlikely Bonner will be enough.
So yes, they’ll have to bleed.
Excited Lets Go GIF

GWS want our pick 1, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we traded it to them.

I'm been wondering what deal North could make with Brisbane if they had pick #1 and pick #2 - to not be interested in Ashcroft until #3 comes along. It would be worth something to them

Look you can play it down as much as you like

the facts are “ a good player you don’t want loose will be required “ end of story

we can’t all be wrong inc the neutral
Actually we can. We all can be wrong. PA fans, NM fans, WC fans.

Everything on here is just guessing, based on what we think we know from reading from people who think they know.

We should enjoy it a bit more than we do.

I’d laugh if we openly stated we will just redraft him to a shiny new contract, as will be our right under the draft system
Those contracts are only for first year players. Registered players getting re-drafted can set their own contract terms

Remove this Banner Ad

Back