Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

How’s it a mauling ? time will tell what happens if port have a shocker next year and it ends up being another top 5 pick Horne Francis looks good but is no certainty. Maybe north hit the jackpot nail all the picks there’s no way of knowing who the winner is at the moment

North Melbourne helped Port (already a good side) load up for the foreseeable future, then they trade for their future first round pick #genius. Do you think Port give a s**t about pick 17 (or pick 30 once all the afl draft concessions kick in) next season?

North are weak - ever since that ridiculous post on their website last Sunday night. Good way to throw away any leverage they had. They got played by a bogan kid and his grub step dad who got tapped up with a cheap Chinese car.

Oh.. and then they also somehow drop down in the 2022 draft order as well.

I wouldn’t say gutless. However I too am sitting on the fence to take it to the level a lot of Port supporters are thinking. He has lacked some mental resilience this year, if it gets hard next year how’s he going to cope. Only time will tell, hopefully our faith is justified
He can always ask for a trade to contender at the end of the year and the receiving club can offer an end of 1st round pick.

North Melbourne helped Port (already a good side) load up for the foreseeable future, then they trade for their future first round pick #genius. Do you think Port give a s**t about pick 17 (or pick 30 once all the afl draft concessions kick in) next season?

North are weak - ever since that ridiculous post on their website last Sunday night. Good way to throw away any leverage they had. They got played by a bogan kid and his grub step dad who got tapped up with a cheap Chinese car.

Been waiting for crows to melt

"Already a good side", their back line and ruck are very weak and have a decent forward line.

You are massively overestimating port Adelaide as a team they are middle of the road at best for it to be pick 17 they would have to make the grand final next year! There 50/50 for making the finals

You are massively overestimating port Adelaide as a team they are middle of the road at best for it to be pick 17 they would have to make the grand final next year! There 50/50 for making the finals
What are Brisbane's odds without a coach?

You worry about you. We'll be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even after our worst season in 10 years we are still 4th for most wins over the last 3 years. Pretty easy to see 2022 was an aberration.

We usually have more fans in Melbourne when we play them anyway. Or at least louder ones. So he wont feel too bad playing there.
I don’t remember you being that loud when we beat you by 80 points to knock you out of the finals from 14th?

What's with the pile on over North trading pick 1?

GWS are pretty much certain to take Cadman. If North weren't taking him, it makes no difference as bad as it might look.

Plenty of pundits have Wardlaw, Tsatas, and Sheezel ahead of Cadman anyway.

The optics of trading 2 pick 1s aren't great, but the deal generally seems pretty pragmatic from North's perspective IMO.

Please tell us all how this is draft manipulation.....

Also please tell us how you acruing points isn't....
Your grub club is playing outside of the rules friend. Waiting for some other lowly club to pick a player only to get in their ear immediately.

What's with the pile on over North trading pick 1?

GWS are pretty much certain to take Cadman. If North weren't taking him, it makes no difference as bad as it might look.

Plenty of pundits have Wardlaw, Tsatas, and Sheezel ahead of Cadman anyway.

The optics of trading 2 pick 1s aren't great, but the deal generally seems pretty pragmatic from North's perspective IMO.

Think North are mad to pass on the gun KPF in Cadman but there really is nothing between the top few talent wise. They seem hell bent on building from midfield.

I don't understand Crows fans wishing for this trade to fall through.

Like I could not care less about Rankine being done but this JHF trade in particular isn't even about Port losing the trade, it's flat out wishing it doesn't happen

Been waiting for crows to melt
Rankine is through yet? Small fry really. Crows trumped again by ports
Why would Crows fans be melting? We are happy to have landed Rankine... just as you should be happy for getting JHF & Rioli on a good deal.

Why feel the need to compare Port v Crows in an 18 team competition.

Both clubs did well today... yet here we are with some Showdown complex...

Think North are mad to pass on the gun KPF in Cadman but there really is nothing between the top few talent wise. They seem hell bent on building from midfield.
Not the worst strategy IMO. They do need another tall forward, but I think they'd be better off getting a cheap ready-made one from elsewhere.

Larkey and CCJ are still reasonably young. Having some senior support would be gold for their development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back