Recommitted Jay Kennedy-Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

VanDemonxx

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reported and said by VFL commentators that Carlton have offered him a 3 year deal.
Value?

What's wrong with him Demon supporters? Came into the AFL with big wraps? What's his preferred role small forward or mid?

What's wrong with him Demon supporters? Came into the AFL with big wraps? What's his preferred role small forward or mid?
He isnt a bad player its just Gartlett is well in front of him and guys like Petracca, Kent & Stretch have gone past him.

Will be a 100 game player, but thats it

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Had a bad run with injuries this year, back in the VFL last two weeks getting 24 touches 4 goals, 26 touches 3 goals respectively. Hitting decent form and fills a role we need so I think he's worth pursuing as his potential far exceeds his trade value. If Carlton did offer him a 3 year contract and he wanted to leave I'd hope for a 3rd rounder.

Probably lacks the top end speed and goal nous to be a good AFL small forward and there are question marks over whether he gets enough of the ball to play in the midfield. Has missed most of the season with injury but has looked good in the last two weeks since coming back. I like him, think he's a smart user of the footy a bit like Stretch without being super damaging.

I don't think the wraps were that big on him coming in, wasn't he pick 40-odd?

Yeah only been fit for about 8 weeks the last 18 months. Not a bad player but competing with Garlett and Kent who are ahead of him in that time.

We do need a small forward and have been linked to a fair few over the past year or so, so it doesn't surprise me that we're possibly looking to go down this path.

Having said that I'd be stunned if we put a 3 year deal on the table. Seems excessive for someone who has played 20 odd games in 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tidy player but lacks pace and can't really play midfield. As mentioned by previous posters, injuries have seen him fall behind Garlett, Kent and even Ben Kennedy. Seems a good bloke and I know he's popular amongst the players. If he leaves, I hope he does well elsewhere.

Would be better than Blair imo

Would be better than Blair imo

Dont hold your breath mike.

I wish him the best and hope he makes a go of it wherever he heads but i think he is that too good for VFL/not good enough for AFL player. Also him having pace is a myth.

Happy to be proven wrong, he is a good kid.

Dont hold your breath mike.

I wish him the best and hope he makes a go of it wherever he heads but i think he is that too good for VFL/not good enough for AFL player. Also him having pace is a myth.

Happy to be proven wrong, he is a good kid.
My expectations aren't that high when I'm comparing him to Blair. I've seen him play and the pace myth is definetly true. I always hate when commentators talk about his so called line breaking pace. But one thing he does better than Blair is reading the ball of hands from a pack.

My expectations aren't that high when I'm comparing him to Blair. I've seen him play and the pace myth is definetly true. I always hate when commentators talk about his so called line breaking pace. But one thing he does better than Blair is reading the ball of hands from a pack.

See i dont even see him as a forward pocket type. He doesnt have the elusiveness or goal smarts to be a permanent forward pocket IMO. Forward pressure is something he needs to do much more consistently if he or the club he plays for have any ambitions of him being a Puopolo type.

I think if he is going to be anything it will be as a wingman. But then, the pace issue, if he could build a good tank he could still make it i suppose. Maybe he could be used off half back (tidy enough disposal without being outstanding) but its as a link up man or bust for me.

See i dont even see him as a forward pocket type. He doesnt have the elusiveness or goal smarts to be a permanent forward pocket IMO. Forward pressure is something he needs to do much more consistently if he or the club he plays for have any ambitions of him being a Puopolo type.

I think if he is going to be anything it will be as a wingman. But then, the pace issue, if he could build a good tank he could still make it i suppose. Maybe he could be used off half back (tidy enough disposal without being outstanding) but its as a link up man or bust for me.
He's disposal kicking inside 50 is alright I'd have him as a high half forward who pushes up to the stoppage and rotates on the wing.

I think a few are underselling him a bit here. I honestly would like to keep him, he is midfielder but being undersized he is having to play that small forward/half forward role. Hasn't had a good run with injuries this year, but seems to have his body sorted at the moment and is getting a heap of the pill while kicking goals in the VFL.

He jas the talent but has had some injuries. Played 40 AFL/VFL games in 3 years. Basically missed a season worth of games so far. Would realistically get a 3rd rounder at best at his stage.

Agree. Think he does lack a bit of pace to be the player he needs to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back