List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to disagree when it comes to Duncan Vdubs. I think he's fairly consistent in the finals now.

Guthrie's still yet to take a finals series by the grasp and truly announce himself like other All Australian midfielders have. He's been good but certainly not been our best.
It's still Selwood, Dangerfield and Duncan when it comes to finals performances. Stewart is another who has been very, very good under the pressure cooker of finals.

I'd put Stewart as our B.O.G in the Grand Final last year. He held s**t together back there.

I tend to disagree when it comes to Duncan Vdubs. I think he's fairly consistent in the finals now.

Guthrie's still yet to take a finals series by the grasp and truly announce himself like other All Australian midfielders have. He's been good but certainly not been our best.
It's still Selwood, Dangerfield and Duncan when it comes to finals performances. Stewart is another who has been very, very good under the pressure cooker of finals.
Danger and Duncan were poor in our last (grand) final.
Of the 2, I think Guthrie has been more consistent and better in finals.

Danger and Duncan were poor in our last (grand) final.
Of the 2, I think Guthrie has been more consistent and better in finals.

Duncan couldn't have been that poor considering he picked up 3 votes in the Norm Smith from 2 of the judges

Duncan would have been close to BOG at half time

Duncan couldn't have been that poor considering he picked up 3 votes in the Norm Smith from 2 of the judges

Duncan would have been close to BOG at half time
Ttue, and I won't watch it again to remind me, but where was he in the second half?

Ttue, and I won't watch it again to remind me, but where was he in the second half?

Much like this teammates, not as prominent as the rest first half

Martin went up a gear in the second half and his teammates followed - we didn't

Really? Cam Guthrie’s had plenty of big finals. It’s Duncan that has underperformed in finals i would of thought.

In the last 3 weeks Cameron, Hawkins, and Rohan have kicked 30 goals between them. If this keeps up and Cameron's inclusion helps Rohan get some consistency, we're in with a shot at the flag again this year.

Jeremy Cameron is Dan Menzel with good knees.
I know it's a ridiculous call, but I'm going to suggest Menzel would've been even better than Cameron if not for his knees.
I remember watching him in his first year and thinking he was going to be the next 'best forward in the game' kind of player. The guy just had immaculate goal sense and an ability to kick impossible goals with consistency. His hands overhead were solid, he could kick on both sides, he could snap, he was big but he could run, the list goes on. He's the biggest missed opportunity of our time, I think.

Look at this and see the goal at 2:00:

...Tracking the ball along the ground, zigging and zagging, then picks it up and without looking, snaps a DROP PUNT that goes straight through the middle. He knew where the goals were at all times and rarely missed.

Having said all of that, Cameron looks to be the most important inclusion of our modern era. Has a bit of a 'last piece of the puzzle' feel about him. When you look at his goal tally already, it's hard to imagine where those goals would've come from if he hadn't been brought in.
I'm really excited about Cameron because he's still 28 - got 3ish good years left in him to hopefully tide things over as Hawk retires.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point I’m willing to declare it a Good Trade.
Starting to think it might have been a Very Good Trade. But I’ll reserve judgement. For now.

:D

Cameron is a star....what a player.

Add Hawk and Rohan (who was superb tonight)...young Close with great hands and a huge footy IQ...dishing off repeatedly...

Awesome attacking front half....

Ablett snr, Brownles and Stoneham may think otherwise

I'd agree, but did we ever see all 3 at their prime at the same time?
When GAS moved to full forward permanently Stoneham AND Brownless were well below their best.
Arguement is there though, and for me it probably comes down to simply GAS being the GOAT. He's Cameron AND Hawkins with a little bit of Smith to go along with it.

Back