Preview JLT Series, Game 2 - Richmond vs Hawthorn - Saturday 9th of March, 7:10pm, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

He is only a year older than Liam Baker who people see as being a kid
Baker is not a good comparison as he has shown improvement .Menadue is getting into Ben lennon territory of 25 games of nothingness .I do hope he goes well as he has pace to burn but he needs to use it .

Baker is not a good comparison as he has shown improvement .Menadue is getting into Ben lennon territory of 25 games of nothingness .I do hope he goes well as he has pace to burn but he needs to use it .

Menadue's best was the grand final sprint a couple of years ago

Started like a bunch of millionaires that had been guaranteed a spot r1 , I imagine dimma would have peeled the paint off the walls at half time inspiring the old firm to take the game by the Aggots and show who’s *en boss . Higgo was my highlight , showing all the signs he will take another step forward in his impressive start to league footy . Also happy that jack G showed that he’s a senior player not about to give his spot up easily .

A good hitout with enough to give ourselves a slappin and enough to remind ourselves just what we re capable of

Started like a bunch of millionaires that had been guaranteed a spot r1 , I imagine dimma would have peeled the paint off the walls at half time inspiring the old firm to take the game by the Aggots and show who’s ****en boss . Higgo was my highlight , showing all the signs he will take another step forward in his impressive start to league footy . Also happy that jack G showed that he’s a senior player not about to give his spot up easily .

A good hitout with enough to give ourselves a slappin and enough to remind ourselves just what we re capable of

I know what you mean about peeling paint for the point being, WTF boys, but not Dimmas style is it. He would have said calmly ... 'Mrs Hardwick is not pleased guys. Look, we are a very good side - make no mistake about it. Listen to Trent and follow Dusty's lead".

Third quarter was always going to be a different team.

I really liked Menadue as a junior and his ability to run , carry and break lines as well as his kicking goals
we have so far not seen any of this at AFL level in his game and just looks spooked.

I have come to accept that we wont be missing out on much if delisted at the end of this year if he doesnt drastically change and start impacting games in 2019.

Another 1 bites the Dust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone concerned the tagging of rance this year might be an issue?

Need to better manage this situation this year last year we didn't do it well and he lost his mojo with that diving crap. Rance can't be left isolated one on one with big forwards aswell we all know his best role.

I really liked Menadue as a junior and his ability to run , carry and break lines as well as his kicking goals
we have so far not seen any of this at AFL level in his game and just looks spooked.

I have come to accept that we wont be missing out on much if delisted at the end of this year if he doesnt drastically change and start impacting games in 2019.

Another 1 bites the Dust

I can't work it out with him.Seen glimpses of it run and carry first 2 seasons and then it's gone.I thought maybe Dimma doesn't want that role for him etc.Talent there just lacking confidence and believe for me.I reckon a run of games will do him good tho.

I can't work it out with him.Seen glimpses of it run and carry first 2 seasons and then it's gone.I thought maybe Dimma doesn't want that role for him etc.Talent there just lacking confidence and believe for me.I reckon a run of games will do him good tho.

As long as by "run of games", you mean in the VFL. How about we see him rack up some good numbers there. How about we see him in the best players a few weeks in a row there. As you can see, I am not a believer in some players can do better at AFL level. Young kids are right now pushing past him. That's a fact. If he doesn't have the confidence to rise to the challenge, VFL and game over at the end of the year.
I don't think he has any "campaigner" in him. Probably a lovely guy, but sometimes you need some white line fever. My guess is Stack is pushing him off a machine in the gym as I type this.

Just way too timid , After 4 years you would believe he would have adapted and developed accordingly

The Run of games thing constantly comes up with under performing players but i have a different view and thats he has had a run of games at VFL level but is yet to dominate that level consistently. He should be the Isaac Smith of the VFL if he was going to be given the run of games to get to the next level at AFL level but is far from this after 4 years

Even though its only jlt if menadue shows any of that headless chook ,lack of awareness ,low intensity s**t he is finished imo
Tricky situation for the players coming on at 1/2 time. Menadue, Weller, Baker etc. Trying to find the tempo of the game. To their credit they contributed to a big comeback. Hardwick did give the depth players critical game time. Soldo rucking deep in defence. (will be good enough back up for Toby) I thought Menadue was better than when he played last year. Markov not bad again. I've liked what I've seen of him. Get 7 or 8 games into him & Garth. Apart from Rance the backline didn't star. Short was so bad he has just about played himself out of the team. Weller hits the scoreboard which is a huge plus for a richmond player. I liked Butler's game, made mistakes but redeemed himself. Balta not as good this week but has earnt his spot I reckon. So out of that 26 I'd lose Marvov, Menadue, Soldo & Baker. Ross & Balta, bigger bodies mids have take spots. McIntosh will be improved upon & Menadue & Markov have the pace to play wing. Maybe not the footy IQ. And when Kamdyn has a bigger IQ than you, then you may as well give up

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back