Rumour Jordan Lewis to leave also

Remove this Banner Ad

Very rich from Essendon supporters.

Geelong move on their older stars Johnson, Kelly, hunt, stokes etc and it's perceived as good list management. Hawks do the same thing and your all losing your minds
Its just that we've had the family club thing shoved down our throats for decades.

Its just that we've had the family club thing shoved down our throats for decades.
To be honest, I've only ever really heard non-Hawthorn fans on bigfooty refer to 'the family club'. It's just a gimmick like the shinboners, otherwise.

Not lecturing bud, observing. Two club icons shown the door, one a five time best and fairest!!

The things I've read is mitchell wanted to leave last year. He stayed on, seems pretty happy to be able to do what he wanted a bit earlier than planned. Relocate his young family to Perth. Add a year playing before stepping into an assistant role

The things I've read is mitchell wanted to leave last year. He stayed on, seems pretty happy to be able to do what he wanted a bit earlier than planned. Relocate his young family to Perth. Add a year playing before stepping into an assistant role
Mitchell wants to coach is different to Mitchell wants to play for West Coast.
The Hawks (or any club) don't get involved in a trade for a player to coach later on.
He was shown the door as many greats have in the past at all clubs.

Just on Mitchell playing one more year, is that certain to happen as the way he's playing he could have more years left in him.

I understand all that, it's just some players MUST remain one club players. Not sure I'll get used to him waddling around in an wce jumper. Players come and go, no worries it's just that he has a huge association with hawthorn. Pisses me off actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing official yet.... i hope we don't ive up anyone best 22. They can have ANB or fringe players like Lamumba/Dawes/Newton/Michie/Terlich

Nothing official yet.... i hope we don't ive up anyone best 22. They can have ANB or fringe players like Lamumba/Dawes/Newton/Michie/Terlich
What an incredible deal for Melbourne. Lewis has three years of good football left in him and will be the senior grunt that you need in that midfield

What an incredible deal for Melbourne. Lewis has three years of good football left in him and will be the senior grunt that you need in that midfield

I'd say between Tyson, Jones, Viney and Oliver we've got plenty of grunt.... its more the polish and calm head under pressure we lack. Having Lewis to drive training standards and an example of prior excellence/success is pretty amazing for the price we paid. I think he's slowed down a lot, but he can be managed over the years so as to get the best out of him. Won't need to play 23 rounds in and under. Seems a lot of players are now starting to go to 33-34 and still be best 22.... i remember only a few years ago it was only the exceptional who played past 30.

Very rich from Essendon supporters.

Geelong move on their older stars Johnson, Kelly, hunt, stokes etc and it's perceived as good list management. Hawks do the same thing and your all losing your minds
Geelong did it with a bit of class and respect.

Lewis thought he was getting a call from Clarko to be captain and got traded out under contract.

Thats good list managment?

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back