Rumour Jordan Lewis to leave also

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong did it with a bit of class and respect.

Lewis thought he was getting a call from Clarko to be captain and got traded out under contract.

Thats good list managment?

Go Catters

Lewis got told 2017 would be his last year so he sought a trade.

Lewis got told 2017 would be his last year so he sought a trade.
The Hawks are pretty good at managing their older players. If it was just list/age profile they could of retired A few others this year such as Hodge/Burgoyne/Gibbs

Perhaps the internal indicators used by the club felt Lewis was declining earlier?

I know he polled well in the B&F this year but was he already showing warning signs? Interested in a Hawk fans opinion

The Hawks are pretty good at managing their older players. If it was just list/age profile they could of retired A few others this year such as Hodge/Burgoyne/Gibbs

Perhaps the internal indicators used by the club felt Lewis was declining earlier?

I know he polled well in the B&F this year but was he already showing warning signs? Interested in a Hawk fans opinion
I think Lewis going to Melbourne will extend his career by few years. No longer will he be one of the main midfielders, his body wouldn't have to take that punishment every week. He can rest up forward and run in the middle a few times a game.

Its sad to see him leave but its was the best thing for both parties.

My view is that he slowed down quite dramatically during the season. He ended up hacking/kicking directly off the floor more and more because he was unable to get to the ball as quickly. In itself, might not be something to worry about but (ironically) post the late season loss to Demons and first final loss to the Cats, Clarko was livid with the perceived lack of positive output from the midfield group. Changes were always going to be made and dramatic just because of the characters involved. I respect Taz and wish him luck.

My view is that he slowed down quite dramatically during the season. He ended up hacking/kicking directly off the floor more and more because he was unable to get to the ball as quickly. In itself, might not be something to worry about but (ironically) post the late season loss to Demons and first final loss to the Cats, Clarko was livid with the perceived lack of positive output from the midfield group. Changes were always going to be made and dramatic just because of the characters involved. I respect Taz and wish him luck.

I agree in that i thought he slowed down a lot too. Works ok for us, we're busting at the seams with inside mids, so he won't have to take so much punishment. If he only plays 15 games a season, the off field attitude and experience at clutch moments will be worth it alone.

Its possible. Lake and Hale had both been struggling with the training load even though they were playing well.

And as others said, Lewis can be more HFF at Melbourne and his body will last longer than if he stayed in the middle at Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back