Recommitted Josh Dunkley [OOC 2022, requested a trade to Essendon, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

There is some criticism of Dodoro, but the defence of his trading this year and last is strident, and it's not one or two isolated examples.

Again, refer previous comments about Dodoro not valuing his own deal as enough.
There is pleeenty of criticism for Dodoro regarding Daniher. Many believed we should have traded Daniher last year instead of holding onto him. Plenty of criticism for the Shiel trade. Most Essendon fans also believed he unnecessarily made the Fantasia trade complicated.

I don’t have any problems with his conduct regarding the Dunkley trade though except for the length it took to come up with his offer. The final offer of pick 8 and a future second is more than enough. The 3-way trade for Treloar and Dunkley was also enough. Bulldogs just weren’t interested which is fair enough.

You’re misinterpreting Dodoro’s statement. Saying he wouldn’t do the deal if he was Bulldogs doesn’t mean he believes that’s what Dunkley is worth. It means he understands why Bulldogs didn’t trade Dunkley and would do the same for a player like him. A classic case of a player being worth more to a club than the open market considering Dunkley only has 3 quarters of one season last year to even justify a first rounder. There’s a reason why we targeted Dunkley over an Oliver type because he should realistically be cheaper than Oliver. Someone that’s pushed out of the midfield loses value.

Don’t think Dodoro or anyone expected the price to be 2 top 10 picks, which is what a contracted Oliver costs. We offered as high as we could and moved on from it. No issues there. All of Essendon, Bulldogs and Dunkley parted in an amicable way.

Credit to Pickering listening to him talking to dickweed Barrett on trade radio just then. Nothing sour at the dogs at all. Just opportunity for Dunks (that he wants to take) to be the king mid and earn a tonne of cash, when the doggies midfield is so strong and Dunks is versatile so gets moved around. Not upset at club or playing ruck etc. All that is BS. Fair play for telling the truth Pickers
perhaps posters could be more like Dunks/Pickering than Damo?

an amicable DFA thread would be nice (for once)

still not Guaranteed to be done the Deal. coz he has 2 years on his contract at the doggies, the Dogs can hold him to his contract an tell Essendon NO

still not Guaranteed to be done the Deal. coz he has 2 years on his contract at the doggies, the Dogs can hold him to his contract an tell Essendon NO
we did the same with Daniher
Swans with Papley

well within their rights to do so. But hoping for our sake we get this done.
Bona fide inside mid gun, proven quantity & 23yo.

Not sure how it gets done but I'm hoping Collingwood can somehow work their way into this and make it a 3 way dance.

In essence (with some other picks involved to even it up) but Essendon get Dunkley, Dogs get Treloar and Pies get pick 14.

Dunk requesting a trade to Esssendon

tenor.gif

I think the quoted money for Dunkley is too high at 900(and he is prob on substantially less tho still at the dogs).

As for Saad, Essendons offer was lower than Carltons.

Both players would trigger a first round compo pick and I reckon that should be a fair guide for list managers to strike a reasonable deal.

Incredible theres a prevailing view that Carlton BF fans think Saads worth less. Only view thats valid is that perhaps he can be GOT for less based on his contract status.

I think Essendon will be willing to pay more for Dunkley and expect it if the dogs come to the table.

Its just a matter of finding out what their asking price is and surely he has one? We have knocked and asked if the doggies would sell one of their landcruisers. They have 3 or 4. Up to them to tell us how much they want for it.
Saad would have triggered end of 1st or 2nd rounder, contract is less then crouch to saints.

As long as you leave Horne to us I’m golden. You’re making a real run at the number 1 pick next year.

Pretty sure north have us covered by a significant margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how it gets done but I'm hoping Collingwood can somehow work their way into this and make it a 3 way dance.

In essence (with some other picks involved to even it up) but Essendon get Dunkley, Dogs get Treloar and Pies get pick 14.

Doggies lose a contracted young midfield star for an unwanted older player with some questions around him. They would jump at that.

Slow, can't kick, demanded to be traded - worth a 2nd rounder at best. Am I doing it right?

No way it gets done without a first next year (And a whole lot more) It's going to be an interesting ride.

Must have rocks in his head Dunkley if he wants to go to Essendon or Pickering just good on shopping his players to the most money.

Pickering seems to think it's about midfield minutes and playing in his preferred position. Sees himself as making our midfield a lot stronger, whereas the Dogs' midfield is stacked.

Considering Treloar is a cap dump and worth significantly less than Dunkley, I'd hope there's a hell of a lot more coming the Dogs way in that trade. Losing Dunkley and Pick 14, I'd expect, at minimum, Pick 6 and Essendon's future 1st

I doubt he's 100% staying or 100% going.

Not much point in publicly requesting a trade until the Dogs know that Essendon has the trade assets required to make the deal happen. You CURRENTLY have nowhere near required (not to say you won't with Saad / Fantasia trades etc), but if he requests a trade now Dons don't have the assets and a move doesn't eventuate, and all this public bluster was for nought.

You won't hear anything about this until much later in trade period.

This aged well

The cliffs;

PLAYER MANAGER LIAM PICKERING ON JOSH DUNKLEY

Liam Pickering confirmed contracted star young Dog Josh Dunkley wants to be at Essendon in 2021.

• Due to the number of midfielders in the Dogs' squad, Dunkley felt he hadn't played as many minutes in the middle as he would like, and Essendon presents an opportunity to do that
  • While the undersized second ruck role he was asked to play at times this year wasn't a deciding factor, it did take away from being able to play as an inside midfielder
  • Reports Dunkley wanted to leave because of an off-field problem with the Bulldogs is "just not true", it's "purely on-field"
  • Brother Kyle, who was delisted from Melbourne and has also been linked to the Bombers as a possible incentive for Josh to join, has not come into his thinking
  • Essendon has been in contact with Pickering for a number of months
  • If the deal doesn't get done, as Dunkley still has two years remaining on his contract, he will return to the Dogs, another club will not become involved

8 & 14 to Pies
Treloar, Pies future 1st & current 2nd to Dogs
Dunkley to Essendon

Doggies lose a contracted young midfield star for an unwanted older player with some questions around him. They would jump at that.

With some pick swaps (maybe involving our future first) and Pies paying some of Adz salary I reckon they could get interested in their push for a flag whilst in the window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back