Traded Josh Jenkins [traded with future 3rd to Geelong for #37]

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he have off field issues or is it that he’s just outspoken in the media?

I think he might be well suited for us pending on the trade cost.
Doesn't have any off field issues that I'm aware of... just he's wanting to work in the media.

Imo, he would be a good fit for the Bulldogs. Apparently has around $800K for 2 years left on his contract as we front ended it, so not unreasonable for someone who averages 2 goals per game.

Yeah that seems like a good outcome for The Crows. I have been reading your board, you still have some very lengthy and stupid contracts on your books going up to 2021 ? Have to assume The Crows will be massive Free Agent players after then, but until then, you are hamstrung by what kind of player you can attract to your club. Getting rid of Jenkins is a step in the right direction..
Which stupid contracts are you referring to?

The Crows Thursday night match during the buy rounds.V Richmond I think.JJ injured his knee in the last 30 seconds of that match. He booted 4 or 5 that night and was probably best on ground. So he can still play decent footy.
Bulldogs look like an option. Watching StKilda last Saturday night he might go alright there.They don't score from the i50 opportunitys.I've also heard Freo are looking at JJ.Injuries to Hogan,Lobb,Appness and losing Darcy in a possible Kelly trade.

He seems obsessed with a post footy career in the media so he may even take a pay cut at a club who is willing to help him with that. I’m just not really sure who he suits.
Salary dump trade and we get him on Bobby's podcast. Schache is a work in progress and in two years we will have had our 2020 NGA kid (Jamarra Ugle-Hagen) in our system for a year and ready to start pushing for AFL opportunity.

Salary dump trade and we get him on Bobby's podcast. Schache is a work in progress and in two years we will have had our 2020 NGA kid (Jamarra Ugle-Hagen) in our system for a year and ready to start pushing for AFL opportunity.

Seems fair but would love to squeeze a player out of you, we will be short of a few with the amount that are reported want to leave

Seems fair but would love to squeeze a player out of you, we will be short of a few with the amount that are reported want to leave

Any interest in Bailey Williams who might want to go back home (to SA). But I think that would be more for an potential Alex Keith trade.

The Crows Thursday night match during the buy rounds.V Richmond I think.JJ injured his knee in the last 30 seconds of that match. He booted 4 or 5 that night and was probably best on
I reckon he's being unfairly criticised this season. His best is better than the 3 around him going forward.... He's improved alot in my eyes this season.

Last edited:
I reckon he's being unfairly criticised this season. His best is better than the 3 around him going forward.... He's improved alot on my eyes thus season.
Agreed he's still a handy player.Getting shafted by his club for trying to find a living after his footy is finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His contract was front loaded. His body is fine (he started footy so late) and he's a 40+ goal a year key forward on $440k a year.

Seems like him and Tex work better without each other. He'd be a bargain for someone, you'd think.

He wouldn't be a bargain as a 2nd rounder like your claiming on the crows board

Not sure why everyone gets so worked up about his salary to be honest. It was somewhere around 550k a year which isn't that much with the size of caps these days. That being said I'd imagine Adelaide would give him up for a 3rd rounder and maybe even pay 250k a year of salary just to offload him if it comes to that. Really just depends if he can get some form in the SANFL at some point and get another crack at AFL.
What club would want Jenkins on their list for 3 years? I cannot imagine one taker.

JJ is a reasonable player and could potentially slot nicely in somewhere. You wouldn’t imagine the Crows could get anything for him considering his contract though. Seems a similar situation to us and Lobbe/Pittard where you just thank the oppo club for taking him and have a token 4th rounder

JJ is a reasonable player and could potentially slot nicely in somewhere. You wouldn’t imagine the Crows could get anything for him considering his contract though. Seems a similar situation to us and Lobbe/Pittard where you just thank the oppo club for taking him and have a token 4th rounder

He has been dropped to the SANFL twice this year and is 31 next year

Its a token pick to even up the books and alow him to find somewhere where he may be needed as the AFC have made it clear he isnt needed

He's easily good value for 2 years.

Could do far worse than him.
I doubt you'd do worse. Adelaide wants to dump him because they can see he's ordinary. The real killer is he's on big coin for what he delivers. Great setup the crows now have as far as tall forwards go, for Tex is worse. You'd be lucky to get a third rounder for both. Two big sqibs.

because they can see he's ordinary.
Open other eye.... I hated on him like all, this season that isn't the problem, it's the off field.

On field he offers more than Tex and Betts going forward. His game vs North from memory was excellent.

He could be quite different under a different system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back