Autopsy JTL1 v Adelaide Roast, Toast & Changes for JLT2

Best players vs Adelaide

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god Dunstall was there because listening to Brown and Der-wayne was doing my head in. FFS Brown is awful. And did anyone else notice whenever Marcov got the ball, nobody called his name. I'll bet the campaigners didn't know who the * he was. Too busy dreaming about Eddie (who, apart from a goal, did two thirds of * all).

Thank god Dunstall was there because listening to Brown and Der-wayne was doing my head in. FFS Brown is awful. And did anyone else notice whenever Marcov got the ball, nobody called his name. I'll bet the campaigners didn't know who the **** he was. Too busy dreaming about Eddie (who, apart from a goal, did two thirds of **** all).

Yep, commentators do the same thing with C.Rioli too, he could be having the worst game of his career and yet they still will shout with excitement every time he gets near it.

Yep, commentators do the same thing with C.Rioli too, he could be having the worst game of his career and yet they still will shout with excitement every time he gets near it.
And doesn't anybody pull these campaigners aside to let them know how ******* unprofessional they sound?

Stupid question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still chuckling from just reading match thread, footy is back haha.
Lots of nice little positives from players but some of the things that I noticed and will have an impact if it were to stay that way were obviously Nankervis.
The importance of three players in particular Macintosh, Grimes and Edwards if they are fit. It was so noticeable having them out there and up and running.
The only real major negative in terms concerns for the bigger picture was Lennon.
Back to the drawing board for when you play the role that he is you are going to have times where getting your hands on it is tough. It's how you respond that is telling and he looked more and more a beaten man as the game went on and was bitterly disappointing in the way he applied himself even in a practice match.
I'm not sure what they do there because it's all up stairs evidently.

thought BELLIS was ok tonight
really? he butchered the ball had 5 clangers and s**t himself multiple times. he is a great guy have met him a few times but he is timid and it shows on the football field

My main positives -

The new boys, Rioli score assisting the house down, Butler, playing on, K-Mac's goal, Sheds with some real 2015esque footy, winning turnovers, Astbury, Vlastuin up forward, Grigg refusing to slip out of our best 22s.

Nankervis showed what a threat he can be around the ground. 12 kicks from 15 possessions, most of them very effective. Even split of ruck time with Maric so only 14 hit outs tonight, but if he does end up being number one ruck he'll be getting at least mid 20s you'd think. 25 hitouts, 15+ touches, a few contested marks and a goal is a fantastic game for a very inexperienced ruckman. Looking forward to it.

Seriously, only a practice match but I reckon you guys saw exactly what you wanted.

- improved contested work
- attacking football
- kids getting minutes

Seriously your fixture is very good early, wouldn't be surprised if you are undefeated coming into ANZAC eve.
I don't know about other Richmond supporters, but I'm really trying not to get my hopes up despite how improved we looked against Adelaide, been burnt too many times. ;)

I liked Dan Butler. Could be this year's McIntosh.

I loved Daniel Rioli. How on earth did people not rate this kid? I'm so glad he's ours!

I hated that potentially horror "below the knees" clash between Nankervis and Betts in the 2nd half, that could have broken Nank's leg "Nathan Brown" style, whilst the commentators were crying their eyes out over Betts getting up gingerly. That was utter crap.

Liked the gamestyle, didn't mind the mistakes, because there was a method to our play. I'm not as critical of mistakes if we're trying to play the right way, because the more we do it, the better at it we'll get, and the less mistakes we'll make.

Also loved the pressure acts, we had more smothers in one pre-season game than we had in all of 2016.

Only pre-season, but some very promising signs against a decent Adelaide side, who had MOST of their better players in as well.
this!!!!!!

Back