Autopsy JTL1 v Adelaide Roast, Toast & Changes for JLT2

Best players vs Adelaide

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha oh my God, is that knob aware how many goals they got gifted from terrible calls or no calls that favoured them?

22 to 11 frees and they are sooking about umps Hahaha funny s**t

Their team is the definition of downhill skiers, full of cheap goals out the back

Yeah not sure how any Adelaide person could think they got screwed by the umps, that free kick count is deceptive, but not in the sense that Adelaide fans would like to hear!

Not only did they get double the free kicks, but there were some bogus free kicks that were given just as we looked to run out and score, and there were also non-frees on our side that were clear as day but not paid to us.

If the umps had been more balanced, on the state of general play, we'd have probably kicked an extra 3 or 4 goals ourselves and won by 35-40 points.

also guys its a lose lose situation for us with these games, win and idiots from opp claim we are getting ahead of ourselves and its just a pre season game, lose and we get bagged for being s**t despite it being a pre season game, so basically everyone but us are hypocrites and id love to just once shut those morons up

I said this before the game even started!

They kept banging on about how "we know what we'll get from Adelaide, but for Richmond, they need to prove themselves" and "pre-season games are more important for teams trying to rise up the ladder, not so much established teams, so Richmond will be hungrier for the win", and other words to that effect.

They were talking about us like people talk about a perennial cellar-dweller, when for the previous 3 seasons prior to 2016, we were a finalist.

It was frustrating!

Brown is a few cans short of a six pack.

Yeah, I'd say about 6 cans short!

Yep, commentators do the same thing with C.Rioli too, he could be having the worst game of his career and yet they still will shout with excitement every time he gets near it.

Maybe one day they'll be doing this s**t with D. Rioli... but only if he leaves Richmond and goes to Hawthorn of course! :$

Maybe, but improvement comes gradually. You can't expect to turn into a premiership team overnight.

People say that the Dogs came out of nowhere and basically became a premiership team almost overnight, but they often forget that the Dogs started rebuilding in 2011/2012.

Same with Hawthorn and Clarkson, they won a flag "early" in 2008, but he had still had them for 4 seasons at that point!

We're not rebuilding, we've already got a foundation in place from the 2010-2013 build, we just had to knock a few walls down and re-design a bit, and so far based on the pre-season we've had and the first JLT match, it looks pretty solid!

Generally speaking, I am happy with the performance. A lot of room for improvement if we want to be a finals team, but I am content.

Positives:

- Gameplan. Not going to lie, when I saw that first quarter I thought that they hardly changed the gameplan. As the game went on though, the faster ball movement was very evident. I really liked it and I think we can do well with this gameplan in conjunction with our improved midfield.

- Pressure. The general pressure we applied to the opposition was good IMO. It really forced Adelaide to turn over the ball at many points in the game.

- Midfield. Our midfield looks good! Our ability to win the ball in there was impressive. Reminds me of 2012 when we had one of the better midfields in the competition.

- Defence. To restrict one of the more potent forward line to 73 points is impressive to me, whether or not it is preseason. I thought Astbury did very well, and I hope he can play more like this alongside Rance.

- Smalls. Castagna, Rioli and Butler showed quite a bit for me. Rioli in particular was very good and Butler looks like he'll be playing a lot of senior games this year.

Negatives:

- Forward 50 delivery. Still, the forward 50 delivery from the midfield needs a bit of tuning up. I found that too many times we find the Adelaide defenders, but it wasn't drastic.

- Goals from general play. Just. Go. For. Goal. When the players are inside 50, they need to step up and go for goal if they are in a similar position to the guy they want to pass it to. Even if it ends up a behind or out on the full. This is why I don't mind the out on the full from Castagna. At the very least he tried scoring instead of the inside 50 entry, passing to eachother, turnover and then back into the midfield. Admittedly, we were better at this as the game progressed. Especially in the last quarter.

- Tackling. Despite our pressure being one of the highlights of the game for me, I still don't think our tackling is up there yet. I saw quite a few missed tackles. Also, breaking tackles when tackled is also still a bit of an issue as it seems, although it appears to be better than last year.

- Height. We may have an issue here, because I felt that Adelaide were taller than us almost everywhere on the ground. I feel like this was a major reason behind why we gave away so many free kicks. We need to play on quickly and may need to go more for handballing rather than kicking high against an opponent like Adelaide given that the seem to be taller around the ground.

Overall, I think the positives were more than the negatives. I think our negatives are something we can fix between now and Round 1, so I am not overly concerned. Only thing I am concerned is the height problem around the ground, but it is something we can work around by playing fast and maybe reduce the high ball one-on-one kicking when the opposition player is taller.

There is still a lot to work on, but I feel that at least have a lot to work with.

-Astbury was fantastic on Tex, who possibly didn't get out of second gear, but nonetheless couldn't ask Dave for anything more
-Butler was great, that's the way to take an opportunity, if he can back it up he could play round 1
-Castagna similarly good up forward, has done ok whenever he has been given a chance, will get games
-Caddy was great I thought, showed tonight exactly what he can bring to the table
-Prestia still a little rusty but showed more than enough
-Nankervis did his chances no harm at all, lots of room for improvement but his intensity and effort is fantastic
- Vlastuin had a bit of a mixed bag, decision making was a bit off, will be better the more he plays that new role
-Grigg did his thing, valuable foot soldier
- Cotch/Dusty/Jack didn't really break a sweat
- B.Ellis needs to play on a wing to accentuate his strengths, at HB his weaknesses shine through
- Good to have McIntosh back, will be important for us
- Rioli will be a star
- C.Ellis is such a tease, always does a handful of things that make you drool, just needs to find more of it
- As much as Lennon struggled, his defensive efforts were far above anything he showed us last year, needs to keep playing these games

All in all pretty solid hitout, ball movement looked better and whilst there is a lot of room for us to get better (as you'd expect for our first game), with some promising individual performances and no injuries you'd give it a big thumbs up!
I agree with most but B ellis was just B ellis a spud of the highest caliber. I can't recall Lennon getting a touch all game? The rest you summed up just as i seen it.

still got it 25 times, ok game like vlossy he had 5 clamgers too.. cotch ok, macca ok, not shockers like lennon, lloyd and batch.
Whats the point getting it 100 times and turning over most off it? How this dude gets a game i'm surprised it can only happen at our club.

I agree with most but B ellis was just B ellis a spud of the highest caliber. I can't recall Lennon getting a touch all game? The rest you summed up just as i seen it.
Whats happened to BEllis? I thought the faster gameplan would suit him. He used to have pace, he seems to have lost that. Theres no way B Ellis should be played in defence and I feel we have better options on the wings.

In the first quarter I was thinking same old same. Competed well but the ball movement was really bad. Credit to the players the skills and intensity picked up after the first quarter. Even though was a practice game there is a lot to get excited about.
  • Dan Butler a lock for Supercoach and probably round 1. Plenty of X factor
  • Dan Rioli earmark as our next superstar. Oozes classes and getting a lot more of the footy.
  • Nank is a real weapon in the midfield. His kicking in the forward line let him down a little but has meant to have good skills so that should improve.
  • Caddy and Prestia give us much more mid and forward depth.
  • Flossy's decision making let him down but that will improve as get more games up the ground.
  • Sheds I had in the top 5. Moved the ball well and set up lots of scoring opportunities
  • Conca a solid performance
  • Grimes did a good job on Betts
  • Astbury was outstanding.
  • Corey Ellis did some good things early but faded
  • Dusty looked ominous and I am sure can lift a couple of gears
  • Ben Griffiths competed well and offered a hit up target, but tends fade in and out of the game
  • George must be a lock now to get elevated.

Whats happened to BEllis? I thought the faster gameplan would suit him. He used to have pace, he seems to have lost that. Theres no way B Ellis should be played in defence and I feel we have better options on the wings.
That's just the thing we recruited him as a defender and turned him into a spud. He seems to have bulked up just for looks he cant even hurt a fly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want a laugh, go to the crows board. Everything from blaming the umpires to the usual Tigers are downhill skiers and played their GF.
Pretty salty over a game in Feb that meant nothing.

Send from my ipad with righteous man power.

did anyone hear johnno brown talk about jack having a heart on his wrist and saying will the players get into him for havng it. basically saying its not manly until dunstall or **** head derwayne said it was about maddies vision what a dumb campaigner utensil smack

I just just learned something New........:D:D:D.......Making me laugh alot.......Thanks Stevi_Tigers

You want a laugh, go to the crows board. Everything from blaming the umpires to the usual Tigers are downhill skiers and played their GF.
Pretty salty over a game in Feb that meant nothing.

Send from my ipad with righteous man power.
Why would a no mark interstate team be our grand final? :drunk:

Did anyone else notice that some players seemed to have something trapped behind one of their ears?
Was there something there or am I imagining things?
RFC_Official

Something that measures impact re-concussion issues I think?.....

Lloyd with a bit of face to palm technique........That takes skill, we can all do it with our own palm/face but he's taking it to a whole new level there....:p

Back