Autopsy JTL1 v Adelaide Roast, Toast & Changes for JLT2

Best players vs Adelaide

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know right...everyone knows our Grand Final is in Round 2 against Collingwood. ;)

Bullshit - #weareeveryonesgrandfinal

Send from my ipad with righteous man power.

Did anyone else notice that some players seemed to have something trapped behind one of their ears?
Was there something there or am I imagining things?
RFC_Official
Electro shock devices that were triggered if they chipped the ball around and kicked backwards.

I'm pretty sure I was one of the few who picked George to play rd 1. Reckon he's locked that spot away already. And he looks like a beast.

Nank 15 possessions -been awhile since we've had ruck finding that much ball.

Just really need a 2nd tall forward to stand up

Yep, commentators do the same thing with C.Rioli too, he could be having the worst game of his career and yet they still will shout with excitement every time he gets near it.
Dan will get that treatment soon, he won't have any bad games though :cool:

Still 8 days away but looking like it might be 30+ degrees in Mount Gambier next week so this might play a part as to who plays and considering we only have a 6 day break till JLT3.

Prestia already not playing and would not surprise me if a few more guns get kept at home.

RE Butler, I know many on here (including myself) have been critical of guys like Butler and Elton not getting games for a while, and probably in Elton's case it has dragged too long, but could it be a case of us really properly trying to develop these young guys in the VFL before throwing them to the wolves as such?

I mean McIntosh didn't debut until his 3rd season with the club, and he came roaring out of the blocks! Usually in most good teams, even the first round draft pick of the previous year struggles to get much game time in the first couple of seasons, so perhaps calls for Butler to be delisted because he hadn't debuted yet were premature?

Our tendency in past years has been to gift games to younger players due to needing to fast-track them, and it ultimately hasn't got us anywhere, so perhaps if we don't see much of Shai Bolton or Jack Graham in 2017, it's not necessarily a bad thing! I know a little while ago I was keen for Graham to get some early games, but I think I'm backtracking on that wish somewhat, after seeing how Butler played last night and his form throughout this pre-season, I think I'd be happy for our 18 and 19 year olds to be held back a bit.

Also, as an aside:

Electro shock devices that were triggered if they chipped the ball around and kicked backwards.

This is a fantastic idea! :D

Still 8 days away but looking like it might be 30+ degrees in Mount Gambier next week so this might play a part as to who plays and considering we only have a 6 day break till JLT3.

Prestia already not playing and would not surprise me if a few more guns get kept at home.

We've already notched a decent win against some good oppo using our new gameplan, so if the next 2 games result in losses due to man management being a bit top heavy when it comes to our stars, I honestly have no problem with it!

The focus now has to be the real stuff come Round 1, and after seeing Nankervis' leg nearly destroyed by Betts, I really REALLY don't want any major injuries, especially to any of the 3 new mature recruits.

How badly was Ellis butchering the ball last night?

Didn't watch the game, but seeing on the stat sheet that he went at 52% even though he only had 3 contested possies compared to 17 uncontested, not a good sign. What an absolute cupcake.

Good to see some new players stand up and have big games, needs to happen more often if we want to improve, our A graders had very little support last year. Defs gonna put the replay on and become overwhelmingly optimistic by the end of it.

I know cellis didn't get a heap of it, but watching the replay * hes clean. Never fumbles, his kicking is sublime. I'm feeling positive about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've already notched a decent win against some good oppo using our new gameplan, so if the next 2 games result in losses due to man management being a bit top heavy when it comes to our stars, I honestly have no problem with it!

The focus now has to be the real stuff come Round 1, and after seeing Nankervis' leg nearly destroyed by Betts, I really REALLY don't want any major injuries, especially to any of the 3 new mature recruits.
You know Betts was pushed into Nanks legs by McIntosh.

I say rest some stars or limit the game time and then a full round 1 rehearsal in the 3rd game.

Nank,very impressive,looks a lock for the ruck posi.
Castagna played well again,a small goal kicker we've been after.
Rioli,what can I say,silk.

Conca,jury is out,made a few clangers with possession but can't question his output.

Caddy will be playing all year as well as Prestia,RFC did very well picking these two lads up.

Go Tiges.

I think our defence held up well without Rance and Houli.

Now to do this in the real stuff.

Let's not forget the crows had a 2nd string midfield out there with possibly 5 mids missing, we had Rance out.
Ball movement improved as the game went on and tackling and intensity was good.
Costanza, Rioli, Butler all played well, Prestia is a gun and Caddy and Bank showed enough, Vlastuin is just a great competitor wherever he plays and did well.

We cannot give games to dumb players, B.Ellis, Hunt are dumb footballers who panic under pressure and turn it over time to stop the love affair.

No room for Batchelor in the side when Rance comes back

Although he was ok last night Griffiths will not make it, he just doesn't have the footy smarts to react quick enough or be able to read the ball, he is a giant that needs the ball plonked on his chest in space and sadly that's not good enough, perhaps he could be tried at CHB.

Need to find a CHF, either a small mobile one or Garthwaite or heaven forbid even Rance.

I mentioned it before but b.ellis is massive worry. He consistently coughs it up at crucial moments and playing him in the backline is a disaster waiting to happen. He has to play in twos for a bit this year
I thought he was Ok. The crows applied good forward pressure so Ellis' possessions were always rushed and in traffic. He'll be better once Houli and Rance come in as he'll be providing a link up option rather than working through traffic.

I thought he was Ok. The crows applied good forward pressure so Ellis' possessions were always rushed and in traffic. He'll be better once Houli and Rance come in as he'll be providing a link up option rather than working through traffic.

Here is the issue, B.Ellis found it difficult because he was rushed and in traffic, but others, more junior players didn't, why, where they not as rushed or left alone no they were not they perform better under pressure in contested situations, don't s**t themselves and don't turn it over.

Why do people keep making excuses for senior players, no team will allow Ellis to play on his own and give him space so he either needs to work harder to find space or learn to deal with it or he is playing VFL.

There are now about 5 players on our list that go harder, run faster and kick better than Brandon and until DH wakes up and sees the light we will still have the same issues.

The only time Ellis looks good is when he is chipping backwards or switching play usually from running behind and taking cheap hand passes, he pads his stat so it shows he had 20 plus meaningless stats and people think he had a reasonable game.... Liability is B.Ellis and hurting the development of a long list of kids.

Thought the kick to handball balance was quite good as well as the intention to move the ball quick. Can see that we are trying to use kicks when we can and then when we are stuck and without an option looking to run it with handball (predominately on that half back line which has given us trouble). This IMO is a good move.

We still really need to work on our handball game. Understandably it was the first practice match but we still put team mates into trouble too often or completely miss the target.

I know cellis didn't get a heap of it, but watching the replay **** hes clean. Never fumbles, his kicking is sublime. I'm feeling positive about him.
So true.
That pick up on the bounce deep in our defence and clearing kick to Griffo was one of the plays of the night, never been that excited in a pre-season match before.

Back