Keith Thomas to finish as PAFC CEO in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason we don't have one is because we didn't want to do the hard work when the AFL made it pretty clear they were going to skip SA in the initial AFLW launch. The Crows did do that hard work. And have a look at how the AFL set the non-Victorian sides. Giants over Swans, Dockers before Eagles.

If we'd done the hard work to drag the AFL into having an SA based side, we probably would've been chosen over the Crows. But our AFL appointed board didn't want to clash with the head office on this matter and decided to focus on China. Which the AFL can't even get its media shills on board to fully support.
What hard work? The pinched talent from the NT. And have benefited from some nice sponsorship and promotion in stealing Erin from right under our noses.

I sent this link to KT after one of his radio segments on 5AA. Think it was after the tough draft for 2015 was announced in late 2014. Just accentuated positive. Refused to look at negatives.

It was the right attitude in the early years, but ignoring the negatives has caught with him in the long run. He was repeating Johnny Mercer too often.

What hard work? The pinched talent from the NT. And have benefited from some nice sponsorship and promotion in stealing Erin from right under our noses.

They didn't steal her. She wanted to play football and we didn't have a team. If she waited around for us she'd be too old.

Fiacchi will make his 3rd run for board and/or CEO this year, thoughts?

Interesting option for CEO but I think his cards are marked with this current board.

Have you heard this from George or elsewhere?

I know. That's what I meant by him having his cards marked.

Back a year or 2, I wasn't too phased that Fiacchi was getting the arse from the board, because I was struggling to assess just what his skill set actually was. I have since come around to the thinking he gives the board something that it is sadly lacking, passion.

Back a year or 2, I wasn't too phased that Fiacchi was getting the arse from the board, because I was struggling to assess just what his skill set actually was. I have since come around to the thinking he gives the board something that it is sadly lacking, passion.

He's passionate and he's an agitator. This 'stability' board would not want him anywhere near the club while they're in charge but the time is coming that the club will need to move into agitation mode to take the next step.

My thinking is that we are on a 10 year plan that was presented to the AFL back in 2011/2012, which was based on ensuring our survival.
Anyone or anything that rocks the boat is ousted, those who follow the line are retained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thinking is that we are on a 10 year plan that was presented to the AFL back in 2011/2012, which was based on ensuring our survival.
Anyone or anything that rocks the boat is ousted, those who follow the line are retained.
That would be quite understandable, even of it annoys us supporters. I've said several times that the Board and Management are probably performing really well in line with the AFL's plans/strategy. It just doesn't work for the supporters. Time to take the next step.

Randomly put on the 125 year anniversary VHS this afternoon, how far this club has fallen.

The language of yesteryears legends and administration could not be any further than that coming out of the club/supporters these days. I'm even more depressed after watching that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He's passionate and he's an agitator. This 'stability' board would not want him anywhere near the club while they're in charge but the time is coming that the club will need to move into agitation mode to take the next step.

If he seriously indicates he's going to run again they'll pick another compliant more recent player to run against him. Those who became Port supporters in the AFL era are going to vote for said player over George.

Are you saying he could be...a disruptor?

An agitator relentlessly lobbies, pushes, argues, and prods the status quo until the desired change is achieved.

A disruptor proposes to change what is currently being done to align with on-trend tech in the hope that it becomes the new norm.

We need the former, not the latter.

Last edited:
Was thinking about this last night. Wasn't there some talk of an imminent announcement?
1579588054716.png

Yeah it's a happening...... it's really.......really exciting..... let me just say that our...ah ....supporters will be really..... a, a, ah happy with the the the outcome, just ah..... putting the finishing touches on the, on the dddeal, just ironing out a few thththings.... and we'll be making some announcements wwwhen we get....some clean air..... I mean you've got the Tour Down Under, the Australian Open Tennis, the AFLW ......are all happening at he moment.....but I'd expect to be making an....an announcement sssometime in the near future....and let me say it's going to be really ....exciting for our community.

View attachment 809419

Yeah it's a happening...... it's really.......really exciting..... let me just say that our...ah ....supporters will be really..... a, a, ah happy with the the the outcome, just ah..... putting the finishing touches on the, on the dddeal, just ironing out a few thththings.... and we'll be making some announcements wwwhen we get....some clean air..... I mean you've got the Tour Down Under, the Australian Open Tennis, the AFLW ......are all happening at he moment.....but I'd expect to be making an....an announcement sssometime in the near future....and let me say it's going to be really ....exciting for our community.

It's like you've seen the upcoming press release.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back