Traded Lachie Weller [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Being reported by Michael Gleeson that he has requested a trade to Gold Coast.

First, it would be a great fillup for GC, their admin, new coach and the players that a quality player has nommed them.

Second, it could be a huge boon for Fremantle. I have long thought that the 1st Club to offer GC a quality young player is going to get an extremely good trade. GC will be happy to overpay.

The **** did this come from?

Is Pick 21 + Matera for Weller sufficient? I don't think so from a Freo perspective.
I rate Weller very highly, a week ago I wouldn't have traded him for a top 5 pick. So I wouldn't even contemplate trading him for 21 and matera.. he's contracted aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast deserve a bit of luck, wondering if:
Pick 2, and Pick 21 for Pick 5 and Weller would entice Freo? Get the opportunity to draft one of Dow, Davies-Uniacke and Rayner and still collect pick 21?

Although I doubt GC will want to part with #2, so Matera and Pick 21 would be a good start.

I rate Weller very highly, a week ago I wouldn't have traded him for a top 5 pick. So I wouldn't even contemplate trading him for 21 and matera.. he's contracted aswell

Yeah Weller is a different prospect from a lot of players open this draft period, he's a consistent, contracted, best 22 midfielder who was a first round selection and quite young. If I were Freo I'd be hoping I get a first rounder + Matera.

Matera, 21 and 24 maybe if nothing else comes up. Matera and pick 2, pick 21/24 for Weller and 5 potentially.

Funny that he'd rather play for Gold Coast Suns then be joined up with his brother / best mate at Saints.

OT: A bit of a surprise although if Wilson is involved in the trade it's not really a big loss from a game-plan perspective. GL to him. Nice to see Weller / Barlow together.

Gold Coast deserve a bit of luck, wondering if:
Pick 2, and Pick 21 for Pick 5 and Weller would entice Freo? Get the opportunity to draft one of Dow, Davies-Uniacke and Rayner and still collect pick 21?

Although I doubt GC will want to part with #2, so Matera and Pick 21 would be a good start.
Matera and 21 is unders for a contracted Weller.

Funny that he'd rather play for Gold Coast Suns then be joined up with his brother / best mate at Saints.

OT: A bit of a surprise although if Wilson is involved in the trade it's not really a big loss. GL to him from a game-plan perspective. Nice to see Weller / Barlow together.

maybe his brother/best mate wont be at the saints?

first rounder and matera. If they want him they'll take that deal. It's not every trade period that a best 22 young midfielder requests a trade to the Gold Coast. He actually wants to play there, why take a risk on a draftee when you could have a ready made gun who wants to play at your club...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back